Brake pipes made up in Newbury/Basingrad area

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Bart
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Brake pipes made up in Newbury/Basingrad area

Post by Bart »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend where I can get a clutch pipe made up in Newbury or Basingstoke. Don't know the sizes I need until I take it off and no one else seems to know for certain, so I need to be able to wait while they do them. Is the clutch pipe between the master cylinder in distribution block in the footwell.

Or if anyone knows the sizes I need for certain, that would also be a huge help.

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

Pirtek are my usual port of call.

I think your nearest is Reading

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Brake pipes made up in Newbury/Basingrad area

Post by DaveEFI »

Bart wrote:Hi,

Can anyone recommend where I can get a clutch pipe made up in Newbury or Basingstoke. Don't know the sizes I need until I take it off and no one else seems to know for certain, so I need to be able to wait while they do them. Is the clutch pipe between the master cylinder in distribution block in the footwell.

Or if anyone knows the sizes I need for certain, that would also be a huge help.
Buy a flaring tool and make one yourself? Always a useful tool to have.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Think Automotive in Twickenham, but I saw what looked like a new warehouse being set up in the Sunbury area.

Either way not far from you!

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Bart
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Re: Brake pipes made up in Newbury/Basingrad area

Post by Bart »

DaveEFI wrote:
Bart wrote:Hi,

Buy a flaring tool and make one yourself? Always a useful tool to have.
Hi, that's what I've gone for. However, I've done some practice ones and I'm crap at it. Plus I think I have the wrong tool. I need convex flares that look like a botton on the end, as opposed to double flares. I think my tool is meant for the latter, but I have been omitting the second step to just get the bubble flare. It's one with a bar to clamp the pipe and an arbor to screw down to flare the pipe. Think they are DIN/ISO flares I need?

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Not quite sure. My tool came with a variety of dies and made the ends I wanted OK. But you do need to start out with a square end - I used a pipe cutter.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Bart
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Bart »

DaveEFI wrote:Not quite sure. My tool came with a variety of dies and made the ends I wanted OK. But you do need to start out with a square end - I used a pipe cutter.
This is the type of flare. It is the clutch pipe from the master cylinder on my Chimaera. It keeps weaping

Image[/img]

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

is it me or does the end of the fitting look to be flaring outwards?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Bart
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Bart »

Coops wrote:is it me or does the end of the fitting look to be flaring outwards?
Yes it is. That's why I think it won't seal. You can also see a polished bit on the end of the fitting where I think it's tightening down, as opposed to tightening on the flare. The other end of the pipe is the same

Return to “General Chat Area”