Spammers!

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Spammers!

Post by sidecar »

Heys Mods can you do something about the annoying spammer that is on the forum at the moment. How about not letting newbies post straight up without their first post being checked out?

garrycol
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by garrycol »

yes and as well most forums have a report icon to report offensive posts and spammers etc - I don't see one anywhere.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Forum is locked down again and newbies need approving.
We don't monitor the forum 24/7 due to work commitments.
So we have times of spamming. Sorry.
We have had these conversations before this is an old forum and to upgrade to have things you require will mean loosing half the current functions and starting again from scratch.
As said before at the time the members were happy to leave as is.

Let me know as if you want changes it can be done but means new forum new layout and time to do it.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

We have a Spammer???
I cant stand these idiots!

It slows dowm my fun on here. !

HEY!
Talking of FUN.. Are any of you interested in stuff I have to make your knob longer OR harder??

Do you want to help me out with releasing funds that were left to me by a Nigerian Prince who is apparrently a long lost Cousin of mine ?

Do you want me to hook you up with MILFS in your area??

Call me!! ;)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

mgbv8 wrote:Do you want to help me out with releasing funds that were left to me by a Nigerian Prince who is apparrently a long lost Cousin of mine ?
Funny that, he contacted me the other day at work in Port Harcourt..... :roll: :lol:
Cheers,
John

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

He must have a lot of brothers as well :)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

He did call me "my brother from another mother"... :lol: :D
Cheers,
John

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

I find it quite amazing someone should go to the bother of joining a forum just to spam it? If you're like me and would avoid that make they're trying to flog regardless of any merit? Or is it more to do with getting hits on Google?
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

They are either fishing for suckers to scam or planting spy-ware to harvest information.
Some are sharpening their skills before heading off to tackle more interesting sites like the Aplphabet Soup Agencies in the US.
Cheers,
John

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

mgbv8 wrote:
HEY!
Talking of FUN.. Are any of you interested in stuff I have to make your knob longer OR harder??

Do you want to help me out with releasing funds that were left to me by a Nigerian Prince who is apparrently a long lost Cousin of mine ?

Do you want me to hook you up with MILFS in your area??

Call me!! ;)
I took care of the gearknob myself... but the windscreemwiperwasherknob still has some issues...

Milfs in my area are way to far for you to travel along... so I will handle that myself with no problem.

Nigerian Prince Fund releasing I could use some help with too so Il pass that on.
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

mike-b
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mike-b »

While on the subject of spammers this may produce a smile.

As you probably know `talktalk` took a hit last year when their servers were robbed.
Last week I started getting `phone calls from talktalk ... well so they said.
I was asked to switch my PC on and go on the web so they could fix a problem they thought I had with my router. ( like thats going to happen ).
I have a `phone that displays the number that is calling. The number starting with 0020 was displayed, that is the international code for Eygpt .... bloody idiots.
What topped that was he said his name was Sam ..... strange that an Arab called Sam.
I put a block on that number and then got another different number also from Egypt so I blocked the 0020 and any number following it -- job done -- silence.
I contacted T.T. and gave them the two numbers they said they would sort them out.
Mike B Drives a 1984 Mk2 Granada ghia V8.

Return to “General Chat Area”