Some advice required before I sell??

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Some advice required before I sell??

Post by mgbv8 »

Hi folks
I'm going to sell some stuff from my spare engine. But before I offer them for sale I thought i might ask some advice regarding re sale value ?

I have a Real Steel Turbo / Blower cam that has only 2 hours use. I have a set of lifters to go with it that have no wear at all. They have been removed and marked so they can go back in the same place on the cam.
I have a pair of Rover 4.6 heads which have been fitted with the Real Steel DW twin valve spring kit + matching valve caps and collets.
The heads have had the spring pans machined down to suit the new valve gear and the valve guides have been trimmed down to suit the valve lift and have had push on stem seals fitted. So the heads have been altered to suit the cam. This lot cost me £700 to have done. I'm thinking that a sensible re sale price would be £350 ?? What do you guys think??

Perry

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

Personally, I'd think that whatever the cost of the actual WORK that went into the items to get them to that state, less a bit to make it attractive would be a good starting point, half price seems a bit of a knock to be taking on the chin.

Work on the assumption that you have the heads and want them modified to that specification, and then you come across a set for sale at 15-20% less, without the hassles of having to run around trying to find vendors and the waiting, that would be an attractive deal to me.

I'd aim a bit higher and make it an Or Nearest Offer sale, and see what comes out.
Cheers,
John

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Pell
I would start at 2/3 so more like £470 and take an offer a little bit lower to sell. From what I have gathered the blower cam, although still listed, is not actually available form RS any more as the last batch they sold the last one and they have not ordered more.
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Return to “General Chat Area”