ALL PLEASE READ.....V8 Forum Day/Weekend 19th-20th July 2014

RWYB, shows, cruises, etc, TO BE USED BY V8 FORUM MEMBERS ONLY, Old Topics Will Be Removed When Out Of Date.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

V8 Forum Day At Shaky Which Day?

March 29th-30th
8%
April 12th-13th
No votes
May 24th-26th
8%
June 7th-8th
8%
July 19th-20th
77%
September 27th-28th
No votes
October 11th-12th
No votes
October 25th-26th
No votes

Total votes: 13

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

bugger don't give me much to work with :(

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Just arrange whats best for the majority Coops !!

Me and Mike are only 2 out of the whole forum so if the final date doesnt fit with our calender then we miss out !!

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

kev_the_mole wrote:I'm so law-abiding I wait for the green anyway. Mind you it does help to have a 17 year-old in the other lane in his mother's Volvo 240 estate :D

I'd like to come but I'm not sure what state the Healey is going to be in as I can officially announce that the feasibility and concurrent build for Bonneville Speed Week 2015 has now started :D
Ian
Please keep us updated with that project!
I would love to go to Bonny for Speed Week and just soak it all up.
Please lots of pics and info.

cheers
P

DaviesDJ
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by DaviesDJ »

I have never been to Shakespeare county raceway - but I am close to it (brum and Daventry) so I am we'll up for it!
Spent so much on trial and error!

DaviesDJ
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by DaviesDJ »

Also have 2 spare rooms and will happily put anybody up:-)
Spent so much on trial and error!

shakespeare

Post by shakespeare »

Hi

It sound like there's a fair bit of interest here in a V8 Owners day at Shakey. Someone said on here about arriving at the strip on Friday's rather than the early morning start. Well that's not a problem. Once the gates open at 6.00 pm on Friday's (if not sooner) they remain open 24/7. Someone will find you to collect your admission.

We have a number of RWYB Public Track Days to offer you guys. These include;

March 29th/30th - Season Opener
April 12th/13th - Public Track Weekend
May 24th/26th - Yanks Weekend & Public Track Days
June 7th/8th - Summer Showdown Public Track Weekend
July 19th/20th - Ladies That Launch Public Track Weekend
Sept 27th/28th - Frantic Ford Sunday Public Track Weekend
Oct 11th/12th - Public Track Weekend
Oct 25th/26th Halloween Bonfire Burn Up

All of the above will feature our ET Bracket Gamblers races on Sunday where you could win some money! Full details can be found on our web site at www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk.

I'm sure that Tony will be in touch with me again soon to let me know of a date which we can then add into our calendar.

Hopefully, we'll see you guys at the strip real soon.

Jerry

shakespeare

Post by shakespeare »

2014 AT SHAKESPEARE COUNTY RACEWAY
After forty years of full throttle motorsport, Stratford-Upon-Avon’s quaintly named Shakespeare County Raceway situated 6 miles south at Long Marston Airfield, have announced there 2014 programme of major league drag racing championships, lifestyle shows and ‘have a go’ Run What Ya Brung weekends which, they hope will be enough to wet anyone’s appetite for speed and excitement over the quarter mile drag!

The often miss quoted term ‘Run What Ya Brung’ means just that! As long as your vehicle is road worthy, passes scrutineering for safety, and provided you bring along a crash helmet and a full driving licence then you can race it against the clock or any of the on track competitions such as the ET Bracket Gamblers.

After every run you’ll receive your own personal performance printout, and maybe at the end of the day a trophy for being the quickest and fastest driver of the day! These events are tailor made for any performance fan. After all dyno’s can give you figures, but the overall sensation of the quarter mile drag can bring you so much more!

The 2014 season kicks off with two Run What Ya Brungs in March (29th/30th) and April (12th/13th) before the track really gets turned loose for a round of the UK National Championships; the Springspeed Nationals in May and the August Bank Holiday Open Sport Nationals where the real heavy hitters of British and European drag world are expected to pound the pavement!

The first in the raceway’s series of nostalgic lifestyle events over the May 24th/26th Bank Holiday is Yanks; a three day celebration of American muscle cars, bikes, and trucks supported by the National Association of Street Clubs. Highlights include the 37th annual running of a long established hot rodding get together Gary’s Picnic as well as a 400 mile UK based Power Tour road trip for British and American tin starting in Sussex at the newly named Southern Counties Raceway before stopping over at Shakespeare County on Sunday and ending up in the Pennines in South Yorkshire at York Raceway on Monday. Should be quite a thrill!

Open to any vehicle up to 1972, the 21st annual Nostalgia Nationals together with the Original Hot Rod Drags caters for both British, European, and of course American rods and customs. Spanning over two decades and supported by the National Street Rod Association, both events not only provide the UK’s thriving nostalgic motor sporting generation with plenty of high octane entertainment, but also recreates the golden days of UK drag racing as well as bringing history making cars and motorcycles from the sixties and the seventies back to life!

Car clubs are actively encouraged to spend a day or weekend at any of the Warwickshire based RWYB Public Track Day’s either as a national or regional event at a fraction of the cost of hiring a circuit venue. On site parking, track competitions, even show n shine areas can be arranged. For further information about Shakespeare County Raceway call 01789 720180 or stop by the Events page at www.shakespearecountyraceway.com. Hopefully we’ll see you strip side!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Thanks for that Jerry,

Im still very interested in sorting this, BUT it is down to numbers who will attend :(
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

I'm up for it

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
Looks like I can do these dates

As I can turn up on a Friday it will make for a fun low stress weekend ( until I burn out the starter).

Hi Jerry
I see the ET bracket/Gamblers racers are out for me, no doors! I can still run in RWYB ?? Its a slingshot with a 383 chevy on methanol by the way.
I'll have a read of your PDF :D
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

kiwicar wrote:Hi
Looks like I can do these dates

As I can turn up on a Friday it will make for a fun low stress weekend ( until I burn out the starter).

Hi Jerry
I see the ET bracket/Gamblers racers are out for me, no doors! I can still run in RWYB ?? Its a slingshot with a 383 chevy on methanol by the way.
I'll have a read of your PDF :D
Best regards
Mike

I guess Mike has checked the challenge table for the Pod so I can do those dates as well :)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Perry
I checked the list you gave on the previous page of this thread . . . You are right I should check the pod website 8) :lol: :lol:
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

what would benefit every one?
a later one eg the june or july or earlier eg march one?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

I'll start !!!

19th and 20th July works for me. Good chance of nice weather as well ??
Last edited by mgbv8 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

" As long as your vehicle is road worthy, passes scrutineering for safety, "

Does this mean Track Worthy?

My MG is not road legal. Will I need a discharge tube to outside the car from my nitrous bottle safety valve ?
I guess scrutineering will be stuff like harness, battery clamp, twin throttle return springs, wheels nuts all there etc?

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Return to “Events”