Search Issues

Forum Problems Only Here Please

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

both normal search and view posts from last are working perfectly for me now. :rock

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Hi Makri

Seems to be very intermittent. It can be ok for a week and then the problem just appears, hangs around for a day or so and then all is ok again.

Will let you know if it happens to me again

Regards
Reg

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Marki - 8) fingers x'd that's it. can't think of anything else...

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Hi Bill,

Its just done it again.

Try this URL and see if the same happens >> http://www.v8forum.co.uk/forum/search.p ... d=newposts

regards
Reg

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

It's fine Reg, everything's been fine for me always over the last few days of checking. I am lost now. This should be a server-side thing, i.e. the web server, but could be worth clearing your cache inc cookies. But before doing that, try a different browser - if you use IE, try Firefox, or vice versa.

The process I did is about all I can do at this point, short of trying to debug and modify the forum source code, which isn't going to happen - too involved plus would take us away from the core software, making upgrades very complicated.

Try a different browser Reg, let us know how it goes
cheers
Bill

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Hi Bill,

Just to let you know its just happened again using IE8 so quickly fired up Firefox and got exactly same message.

So I tried to do a search using pushrod and it comes back with the same message. Then tried a search on author and received same message

It does not happen that often but just wanted to let you know.

regards
Reg

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Thanks Reg. I'll run the "fix" again later, that partially worked before; but not sure it's really going to work. Possibly something's changed on the server which is out of our control, in the general config, we don't have access to that.
Normally these things are either here all the time, or not all all, so it's a strange thing.. (also a PITA!)
cheers
Bill

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Hi Bill,

It just done it again, so nipped upstairs and tried on another PC and it done exactly the same.

So its not related to PC, operating system or browser. So far the only common denominator is me :-)

Have noticed that when it starts to work again it does not pick up any new posts made since it failed.

Regards
Reg

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Just logged out and in again and all works now

Return to “Forum Faults”