EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!

If you like this forum and would like to donate to it then, or become a Gold Member then Click Here:(All contributions go towards the running costs of this forum, there is no fixed amount and all donations are much appreciated).

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!

Post by Coops »

Yet again my paypal account has been frozen due to a couple of members joining up not reading the details correctly and not cancelling there own gold membership subscription and now demand I pay them back money owed. mmmm wonder if its the same ones as a previous post a few years back will have to check that one,

I have also had a couple of really rude emails since Christmas regarding a similar thing, why do I bother :(

RIGHT!!!
NEW AND OLD GOLD MEMBERS, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CANCELLING YOUR OWN SUBSCRIPTION IF YOU NO LONGER WANT TO BE A GOLD MEMBER.

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

JSF55
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!

Post by JSF55 »

Tony, I gave up being a gold member last year, retirement and other obligation rarely see me add anything here, please drop me down to standard forum membership and many thanks to all who have helped me over the years of running a rover, john
So thats where it went !

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

no worries mate
and thank you
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

garrycol
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by garrycol »

Most forums with subscriptions give a person signing up the option to auto renew or not. Because of the type of issues you mentioned I never select the auto renew.

Give people the option to auto renew or not - if not, it just means an automated renew PM is sent out reminding a member that renewal is near - keeps members happy and stops your paypal account being stopped.

Garry

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

I cancelled my gold membership a long time ago (or thought I did), and was pretty pissed to see that it went out of my account last month. I don't have any direct debit set up for it but I have now realized it was setup through my paypal account and have been paying the annual subscription for years, not very happy about that at all!
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

did you cancel it via the unsubscribe button on the page you set the gold account up on mate?
only you can cancel the subscription as was done through YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT,

https://www.v8forum.co.uk/payment.htm it does say there its down to the account holder to cancel the membership via the unsubscribe button,

I may just cancel this option as it seems to be causing me so much grief now days with members moaning about it when I dont know whos renewed or cancelled as no one informs me anymore,
this option was originally set up so the members didn't have to worry about renewing each year as a contribution to the forum hosting cost,
and the members agreed to this option too many years ago :?

Have also messaged you,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Right this has now got a joke as of now all gold memberships are cancelled,
my paypal account has been suspended yet again due to people not cancelling their own payments (which it clearly says you have to do)

AS of now any new members reapplying for gold membership ARE agreeing to setting up a yearly auto renewal service that THEY!!!!! must cancel.
thank you.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

garrycol
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by garrycol »

Coops wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:31 pm
AS of now any new members reapplying for gold membership ARE agreeing to setting up a yearly auto renewal service that THEY!!!!! must cancel.
thank you.
Then you will continue to have the same issue with your Paypal account taking hits. Sad fact of life is that even though people have agreed to cancel their own auto renew they will forget.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

garrycol wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:35 am
Coops wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:31 pm
thank you.
Then you will continue to have the same issue with your Paypal account taking hits. Sad fact of life is that even though people have agreed to cancel their own auto renew they will forget.
True but PayPal know the situation now as it was their idea to cancel memberships ASAP after I sent them the joining page where it states its an auto renewal service that the member needs to cancel.
And anyone joining now onwards won't be able to get my account frozen due to not knowing the auto renew membership.
But we shall see lol
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Huge thankyou to the hard core members that have been with me from the start of day one with the forum and have resubscribed to the gold membership after the recent little issue we have had.
The membership money and donations all goes towards the monthly costs of hosting the forum.
Once again thank you guys :nw :nw
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Tony, there was no direction of anger at you or anything else. I just forgot it was on auto-renew and that it came out of my paypal (it is the only thing I have ever setup apart from by ebay payments). I haven't used this forum regularly for at least a couple of years due to personal reasons/issues with my car, so I unfortunately won't be renewing my gold membership purely for that reason, lack of use. This is and always was the best forum I've ever used. Unfortunately I'm at the point in my project now when I am probably going to break it, just like the V8 MG I had before. Turns out, I can't learn electrickery no matter how hard I try. I appreciate the help forum members have given me over the years.
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

It's nice to see a slow trickle of donations and the resubmitting of some of the old gold members coming back to the forum.
Thanks guys,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Return to “Forum Donations And Gold Membership”