V8 Drift Pickup

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Jono FD3 »

Been a while since I updated this thread now.....
Sorted a few issues out with the engine, I had the vac advance line for the dizy hooked up to the wrong port on the carb, so it was at full advance too soon and was down on power untill the RPM raised, and the idle jets were well out which made it a git to start when hot! Now they are all sorted the engine is prety much there :)

The Rose joints on the rear 4 link failed as they were too small so had to change them... opted for 16mm and 20mm joints, so would like to see them brake, and also fitted stiffer springs, 700lb on the front and shifted the 550lb to the rear..... rounds 5 & 6 for the ODC this Sunday, so shall see what difference that makes :)

Finaly, a few pics from the last event and taxi day from last month:

and a vid: FF to 1:30 for the action to start!

Jono

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

ODC Final

Post by Jono FD3 »

Quick update after the Final!!
Did pretty well considering Unfortunately I was at a disadvantage because the old Rover lump couldn't give me any more speed & revs, was a brutally fast track 70-80mph, but thankfully it was damp all day so that helped a lot for me! Top 33 cars from the UK turned up, varying from battle damaged 325 BMW's up to a £25k pro spec car!! all of which were pushing 200+bhp and some 750hp!! so I had a mountain to climb with my 170 LOL!! anyway, somehow I managed to slot the old girl into 13th place and in to the top 16 final shoot out, but unfortunately I messed up my run and got knocked out by a mate (Not sure what place I got yet, but probably 16th I recon!) but a great time was had, and really looking forward to next year

couple of pics from the event here:
http://grumpygeek.co.uk/driftworks/

Jono

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Jono FD3 »

New dash all made, with a reminder at the top to keep pushing!

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Nice.

Nice carpet too!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

j.johnson23
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by j.johnson23 »

Nice to see someone whos more interested in getting it to work right than faffing about with the bullshit stuff.More satisfying to use bits you have lying around-especially when it looks good too!
Proper home made car built to have serious fun with.
Have enjoyed your story mate hope you get some good results this year,all the best.

Jono FD3
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Jono FD3 »

Bit of an update for the start of 2013 :)
Managed to find a set of 17" rims for the truck, although they needed a proper scrub up!!!

Ended up looking like this:

And made me do this:

Made a prety big difference to the feel of the truck, but unfortunately the rims were hitting the lower arms on lock which meant I had to wind the lock stops back in to avoid destroying the wheels!!
So now I've got to modify the stock arms to allow clearance on full lock, and then make a new set of lower arms when I find the time to make things even better, and lower! LOL

Jono

Return to “Your Cars”