My V8 Rush

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

BadgerV8

My V8 Rush

Post by BadgerV8 »

Good opertunity to say hello, I guess...

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics//member ... ocache=276

Number 4 is now just about back on the road... Trying to get the last gremlins out before a daring trip to Italy in only a few weeks. I'll get some pictures of the latest incarnation posted soon.

Currently:-

New 4.6 engine with Webber carb and evil curse, lightened flywheel, SS exhaust headers, mild spicy cam.
De Dion rear suspension with ATB diff 3.36:1, Sierra disks brakes.
Wilwood 4-Pot callipers on vented disks & 2.5 turn steering rack at the front.
Shiney new 17" UltraLite billet wheels.. a bit 'bling', but tyres are easier to get hold of. There's a lot more shiney metal on the new one. The 50's Flash Gordon style indicator/side lights on the front wings are growing on me!

I've been driving an mx5 for the last 12 months, so now the beast is back on the road, I have to admit it taking a while to get used to V8 power again! :shock:

cheers,
Dave.

Dax Rush 4.6L (fourth rebuild) (oops)

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Hi And welcome.

I saw this last night and first thought was WTF its the bat mobile. Have to say tho its grown on me and I look forward to seeing version 4 pics. Who did the hardtop for it? I cant see any mention of it on the dax site.

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: My V8 Rush

Post by Paul B »

BadgerV8 wrote:Good opertunity to say hello, I guess...

Number 4 is now just about back on the road... Trying to get the last gremlins out before a daring trip to Italy in only a few weeks. I'll get some pictures of the latest incarnation posted soon.

New 4.6 engine with Webber carb and evil curse, lightened flywheel, SS exhaust headers, mild spicy cam.
Shiney new 17" UltraLite billet wheels.. a bit 'bling', but tyres are easier to get hold of. There's a lot more shiney metal on the new one. The 50's Flash Gordon style indicator/side lights on the front wings are growing on me!

I've been driving an mx5 for the last 12 months, so now the beast is back on the road, I have to admit it taking a while to get used to V8 power again! :shock:

cheers,
Dave.
I must admit, it is a strange, but interesting, looking vehicule. What is with the wedge shaped roof anyway? It can't be for headroom, else you wouldn't be able to see out of the windscreen.

BadgerV8

Post by BadgerV8 »

Home made hard top, hence the slightly odd appearance. A friend is rather skilled in the art of GRP and gave me a hand. Several years later, its shiney! (NEVER AGAIN!!) Not so shiney under a bush in the back garden at the moment.

Batman-esque looks were the plan... The spoiler was fitted afterwards, as it looked weird before from certain angles and even weirder from others!

Considering we made a female plug from a rough biro sketch and used that as the mould, it didn't turn out too bad!

Dave

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Definitely a good job, whatever anybody thinks of the styling. Living where I do that type of car has never appealed as its always pissing down. A hard top would make it much more usable though.

BadgerV8

Post by BadgerV8 »

I was driving it as my only car for the last ten years, so roof was quite useful in the wetter months. (Every month seems wet lately!)
It does get blody hot in there, and so not much good when its warm. :oops:

BadgerV8

Post by BadgerV8 »

Version 4.0, somewhere in the Alps.

rvanderende

Post by rvanderende »

Paul B wrote:
BadgerV8 wrote:Good opertunity to say hello, I guess...

cheers,
Dave.
I must admit, it is a strange, but interesting, looking vehicule. What is with the wedge shaped roof anyway? It can't be for headroom, else you wouldn't be able to see out of the windscreen.

i like the hardtop

Return to “Your Cars”