Mk 3 Capri 5.0s 302 Windsor V8

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Whooligan

Mk 3 Capri 5.0s 302 Windsor V8

Post by Whooligan »

Hi, Ive just purchased a Mk 3 V8 Project....almost complete, but just enough left for my to put my personal stamp on it.

It had been advertised last year on ebay but the "heavy" customisation of the interior and exterior styling put me off.

A guy called Stuart purchased the car and went most of the way towards returning it to something resembling a Capri, but deep down he wanted a Mk 1 Capri....This is where I came in.

I had a Mk 1 V6 GT Capri which I imported from Australia. Ive owned the car for many years and resisted the urge to modify it. I had another V8 Capri project back in Australia, so I was well versed with V8 Conversions, just never had the time or resources to complete it. When Stuart initally approached me for a swap I was hesitant, but after a while, I came around to the idea. Since I had done all i wanted to the MK1, and regreted not finishing my Aussie V8 Capri, the swap began to make more sence.

After a few initial checks, I was happy with the work that had been carried out and I took possesion of the car on the weekend. The drive back to Derbyshire from just outside of London put my mind at ease as the car handled admirably until it coughed and splutter to a stop.

Yes, in all the excitement of driving the beast I'd forgot about filling it up with petrol. Nothing another 5.0lts of fuel couldn't solve.

Anyway, Specs are as follows:
Windsor 302
Weiend inlet manifold
Holley 600cfm
Mustang T5 5spd
2.8i Atlas axle
CCC rear disc brake conversion
2.8i vented discs (originally 2.0s)

Its quite a mild setup compared to my previous V8 Capri, but I never got to drive that one. The running gear will remain the same, however I may upgrade to 5 stud Falcon if I decide to keep the car long term.

Next job will be to get the unfinished panels painted and looking like the rest of the car. Then I'll track down a genuine 2.0s interior.
My current V8 Capri
My current V8 Capri
My previous V8 Capri
My previous V8 Capri

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mk 3 Capri 5.0s 302 Windsor V8

Post by scudderfish »

Oooo, very nice. Did the 5 litres get you very far? :D

Return to “Your Cars”