Another MGB GT V8 conversion

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

docjohn

Another MGB GT V8 conversion

Post by docjohn »

A few shots of my B GT that I built in 2012 and used in the 2013 Blyton MDA Sprint Championship, as well as a couple of track days at Blyton.

This is at one of the sprint meetings after my pal Stephen made me a new bonnet to cover the Holley. I'm running on 7x16" OZ Polaris wheels with 195/50-16 Toyo R888 tyres for sprints and 7x15" AZEV A alloys with 195/65-15 Avon ZV5 on the road.

The engine is the usual ex-SD1 3.5 with a Holley, Real Steel heads, rattly cam and through the wing RV8 manifolds. It all needs to come out for a rebuild as it was only ever intended as a stop gap whilst I developed the suspension.

The front suspension is a slightly modified RV8 double wishbone set up and the rear is my own 4 link coil sprung arrangement. Front brakers are standard RV8 vented discs and 4 pot calipers and the rear are Rover 600 discs and JCW Mini calipers.

Anyway, there's lots more I could say but I'll save it for another day, other than to report that I won my class in the sprint championship - well pleased!

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

That's an excellent result, car looks like a bucket load of fun. Q? What brake pedal set up are you running?

PS nicely modified grille slats :wink:

docjohn

Post by docjohn »

Thanks, yes it is good fun, especially at Blyton which seems to suit me and the car. I've put a floor mounted OBP bias pedal box in and strengthened the floor to cope. It took a bit of playing around with master cylinder sizes to get the balance close and then use the bias adjuster for fine tuning. There's still some scope for improving the front brakes but that's some way down the to-do list!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

A bucket load of fun indeed !

Nice car :)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Return to “Your Cars”