General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dave350v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

USA nitrous kit

Post by dave350v8 »

Hi,
Having just bought my sniper nos kit ive seen a few posts saying the usa systems are not that good,and you cant legally get the bottles filled over here? anyone any thoughts on this?

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Technically speaking. If the bottles are not EU marked you are "alledgedly" not supposed to fill them in the UK. But everyone does :)

There are pros and cons with the US stuff versus the Wizards stuff.

The US solenoids used to fail a lot if pulsed. But they do ones now specifically for pulsing. Horses for courses really.

My own personal experience is that my car goes faster with a wizards kit at 150hp than it did with a NOS spray bar plate with 150hp jets fitted. . Having said that. I never did any proper nitrous flow testing on the NOS kit because I didnt know how to back then. So I have to assume that 150hp of NOS is the same flow rate as 150hp of wizards :)

I only had regular solenoid failures when I started pulsing them. This was 5 years ago. The wizards solenoids have been in the car working hard ever since.

If you have a kit and it does what you want then have fun with it. But do buy a bottle heater and preferably a pressure switch to control the heater. Running on a cold day with only 500psi in the bottle is just a waste of gas unless you want to start messing around with altering jet sizes to get the flow back up etc. I prefer to have the right jets in and run the bottle at 850-900 psi.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

TD 309

Post by TD 309 »

My experience with NOS kits has taught me that the provided tune ups are usually way off. If you already have concerns about a tune up going lean, if you follow what they provide it will almost certainly go hot with a large enough shot. Your best bet is to start a few steps over what they say ( a square tune up generally) and go from there.

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”