Question Re Stock bottom and spider plates

General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Question Re Stock bottom and spider plates

Post by gelmonkey »

Hello to all.
I have been looking at all of the comments regarding the spider plates and Perrys use of stock internals in his 4.6.My question is this, I have a 4.3 Rover which has been lightened, balanced,and blueprinted and an aluminium flywheel with twin plate clutch forged rods but only Hyperutectic pistons.
A Super powershot NOS plate system has been fitted but not yet used and I now have concerns that this may not give me what I am looking for.
How much better is the spider plate and will the pistons handle a full shot of gas?
Am looking to run about 100bhp extra with the gas.
My goal is to run 12s without gas and 11s with.
The motor is fitted to an old Cavalier coupe by the way.
Thanks in advance to replies

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

you need a single plane inlet manifold to use the spider plate .like a victor intake, those pistons should be able to take a 100 shot, :) rich

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

As Rich say's. Stock pistons will take a 100 shot all day long. As long as the timing is tweaked a bit.
If you dont have the right inlet manifold to accept a spider plate. Then get WON to make up one of their quad crossfire plates. Much better than a nos plate any day. Much better and even distribution and atomisation.

If your motor is making the right numbers off gas, and you have enough gears (which I dont) then you should break a 12 without too much hassle.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi Guys
Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.
I am running the Edlebrock performer manifold with the Webber 500 so this should be okay then methinks.
I have a Vitesse Thunder Saloon 5spd box nailed to the back of the motor and a 3.67 lsd so with luck the twelves are a good possibility.
Will have to get the car set up properly once she,s on the road.
Its taken me twelve long years to get to this stage and I can hardly wait to get back out raod wise and trackwise.
Cheers
Paul

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”