plate system without purge valve

General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

toughy V8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

plate system without purge valve

Post by toughy V8 »

any body ran a nos system without a purge valve? is it a bugger to bleed the nos through with out one ? how liong does the nos take to come through once youve nailed it

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

i dont use one,
i give mine a quick blip while going up the fire up road which seems to clear my pipes ready for a full run
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

I used to run NOS a plate system without a bottle heater on my old setup. In warm conditions, the purge was vital, as the liquid in the line would migrate back to the bottle. This was seen as a big bog down off the line for a few seconds, then a big surge of power.
The purge would do away with this delay, or Nitrous lag.
I still run a plate system, but its a WON plate with 4 crossfire nozzles as opposed to the sparge pipes of the NOS system. The crossfire nozzles are much efficient at making power from certain shot of gas than the NOS system due to the much better atomisation of gas and fuel.
I fitted a WON pulsoid system with a bottle heater (and purge). And with the heater on, and the bottle at 900 psi the purge takes only a fraction of a second, as opposed to 2 or 3 seconds on the old setup.
The purge is almost not needed when the system is up to the right pressure, but its nice to see the purge anyway, just to make sure you have liquid up front just before you stage at the lights.
There is a bit of a pose factor when you see the big plume of vapour rising from the bonnet.

Noswizard

Post by Noswizard »

Just had an automated email telling me to make a post or I'd be deleted!!!!

Since I'll be deleted from this life soon enough, I decided I'd avoid a premature exit and make a post. :lol:

There are a number of factors that influence the need for a purge;
1) Pipe VOLUME
2) Pipe route
3) Heat
4) Jet size

A well designed system (using short pipe lengths in a suitable bore pipe), fitted and used correctly should not a purge but anything less than that and especially when using braided hose with small power increases, a purge is ESSENTIAL!!!!

Oh and don't forget, that our nylon hose (which is the most suitable pipe for power increases up to 150 bhp) is now LEGAL in Drag racing events. Anyone using braided for such applications would be wise to contact us for a conversion set up, if they want the best from their nitrous. :idea:

Regards

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”