General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Sorry Tony

Post by ian.stewart »

Oops, ive done it now 8-) 8-) 8-) Went to the NSRA SwapMeet today, More stalls there than I have seen for a long time, even the bottom car park was full and there were LOTS and LOTS of goodies for sale, including a LOT of nitrous kits, and I am sorry to say I was swayed away from the Ritious to the Nitrous, and Bought a 8 jet fogger system for not a lot of money near closing time, Guess its going to be Mid 11s later this year then Tony :racing :racing
Ian :D

THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Hi Ian,

Looks like its going to be a fun year then. Will it need to be setup on the rollers again or is that not required when usine Nitrous.

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

No effect upon the EFI, but the gas will need to be tuned,
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

nice one mate, :racing
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

You know it makes sense Ian :D

With your internals you should be able to shove a shed load of gas through it.
My all standard 3500 would take a 150 shot all day. But the 200 shots did melt the up and down bits somewhat.

I'm starting my new all standard 4.6 on a 150 shot next Sunday to see how it does. If all goes well I'll do the 200 thing on the last run of the day.

If you dont want to lay out too much dosh just yet. You can do a simple fixed hit kit by running the power supply through the arming switch to a normally open contact on a 12volt relay wired as a latch. Wire up the nitrous system as per norm via a TPS microswitch. Then stick the coil feed to the latching relay via a button on the steering wheel.

This is how I made my first basic control system.
You launch balls out in 1st with no gas. Then in second, hit the button on the wheel to latch the relay in. Then shift as normal as the TPS will drop the gas out at each gear change then bring it back in as the throttle hits the metal.

I'm not sure how your system is jetted, but always go rich on the fuel while setting up for test runs.

I now use WON so its a lot easier to set the fuel and Nitrous balance as long as you know what your fuel and gas pressures are.

Your next essential purchase will be a bottle heater and pressure switch to maintain your gas at the right pressure.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”