General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DaviesDJ
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Position of jets??

Post by DaviesDJ »

Ok guys - second question.

Building up my small block chevy manifold (picture on another thread) - for ITBs using weber style bodies - along with this plan to add direct port nos injection - I have 2 injectors ready so I need another 6. My engine will be fully forged and I have a set of 130 quid Nitrous specific CHGs (felpro) - so plan to have scope for up to a 300 shot.

I was wondering where I should put the injectors on the runners?? Close to the cylinder or throttle body- don't think the drop out over 8-10 inches will be dramatic - and the runner cooling effect will surely be better further upstream, get a feeling the bit will be harder the closer I get

Spent so much on trial and error!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Where is the picture??

What other thread is it on ?

EDIT!!!

Found the picture.....

The logical place would be on the runners just above the manifold flanges to the injectors are facing straight into the ports. This is the best position regarding space to the them fitted and not have problems getting the pipework in. You need to check just how thick the runners are at this point as you may need to have small bosses welded on to give you sufficient thickness to make sure they can be screwed in securely with an M10x1 slim back nut to lock them in place. You only need about 4-5mm of wall thickness to fit them properly. And the metal needs to be solid, unlike my old manifold which crumbles when I try and tap the thread into it?

You will need two pairs of solenoids and a basic pulse controller that will handle 4 solenoids. The plumbing will get a little complicated and quite expensive when using the wizards parts. But it will be quite compact and neat as most of Trevs stuff tends to be.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

DaviesDJ
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by DaviesDJ »

Hi p- yes it will cost a bit - but less then a turbo:-) Also for a few/quite a few hundred I wi have scope for big amounts of power and great ETs:-)

When you say manifold flanges - do you mean flanges to the cylinder head or throttle bodies mate???

Cheers for all your help pal:-)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Just above the head flanges where there is some flat metal to go into with the injectors. So as close to the head ports as possible and at the right angle to keep the spray going into the head ports as square as possible. If you are looking at spraying around 38hp into each cylinder you may need to add more fuel to the nos to fuel ratio for testing until you learn how the carbs react to the added spray in the manifold which can lead to the carb signal dropping off regarding fuel flow through the carbs as this can reduce the overall air flow through the carbs when spraying. I have actually seen a system on a smaller engine where the nitrous was flowing back out of the carbs at full throttle on the dyno. This was an engine you have seen on track in Stu's Midget ;)

Everything you want is possible mate. I sprayed a 300 shot into the 4.6 before I fitted the blower.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

DaviesDJ
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by DaviesDJ »

Ahh - I remember that car mate! They will not be carb mate they will be throttle bodies with EFI - so signal not such an issue:-)

Got it's all exciting :-)I could bring the manifold and setup to you at some point in the future and we can have a play if you like? Not too soon as some parts are still awaited

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”