General Chat About Nitrous Oxide.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jetskijase
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

fuel pressure switch

Post by jetskijase »

HI All
I have a nx plate system on my rv8 with eddy 500, seperate fuel pump system and the only thing missing is a low pressure switch for the fuel. i have a gauge just before the fuel solenoid at the moment 1/8npt style, but i cant see that from the drivers seat!!!
Any suggestions for a switch, would love a transducer but at £114 thats not an option!
also i have a long fuel line so i was thinking of wiring in a push button switch so that when the system is armed and pump running i can just push the swithc to activate just the fuel to purge the line so that fuel is right upto the carb ready for when i hit the load pedal micro switch.
has anyone done this??

thanks in advance.
jase.

rover v8 into a robin hood.....thats the plan anyway!. update, its in and runs!! but will it stay cool??? will the bonnet fit??? will the clutch cylinder work???? who cares it sounds awesome!!!!!!!!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: fuel pressure switch

Post by mgbv8 »

jetskijase wrote:HI All
I have a nx plate system on my rv8 with eddy 500, seperate fuel pump system and the only thing missing is a low pressure switch for the fuel. i have a gauge just before the fuel solenoid at the moment 1/8npt style, but i cant see that from the drivers seat!!!
Any suggestions for a switch, would love a transducer but at £114 thats not an option!
also i have a long fuel line so i was thinking of wiring in a push button switch so that when the system is armed and pump running i can just push the swithc to activate just the fuel to purge the line so that fuel is right upto the carb ready for when i hit the load pedal micro switch.
has anyone done this??

thanks in advance.
jase.
If you use a transducer you need some other stuff to accept the signal and convert this into a reading... Dont bother mate. All you need is a simple pressure switch to shut off the whole nitrous system off you lose fuel pressure. It will be obvious when it triggers :)
You could actually wire the switch into a latching relay so the system wont re arm until you turn it off and on again.

What fuel pressure are you running Jase?
I run mine between 6 and 13psi depending on what I'm experimenting with.
Have you already run this system?
I have used fuel pressure swicthes from RS but 2 have failed. And they both failed shut which aint good.
I use a fuel switch from wizards of nos. Its a rugged item and can be adjusted easily. See the link at the bottom. Its about £35 + vat and postage.

Why not put the fuel pressure gauge in the cabin so you can see it??
I have both carb and nitrous fuel gauges on a pod in the cabin so I can see them.

How much nitrous do you intend to run on the engine?

Are you using a fixed hit or a progressive controlled hit?

What NX plate are you using?

You could wire in a button to operate the fuel solenoid to purge it if you feel the need. Just hold the rpm at around 1000 and blip the button until the engine faulters due to the rich mix.
I only use my car for racing so I pull the pipes off the fuel solenoids and purge them onto a rag for a second or two. Thats me done for a days racing unless I run out of petrol ??

http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/nitr ... witch.html

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

jetskijase
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jetskijase »

hi perry, aka nos god!! :wink: (not new old stock!)

thanks for the reply, i think its a nx hitman maybe? it was a fleabay item, i will post some pics,
iam only going to run 50 for now as its in my robin hood with the type 9 box in it still :roll:
iam running out of space for gauges in the dash and thought id have enough to think about when using the nos, so i might just go for the switch you have.

my fuel pump is a facet solid state race which iam hoping will provide a steady 6-7 psi.
i have noticed that my fuel solenoid is twice the size of the nos solenoid, and the nos has only 2 ports so it maybe be a purge valve?? but as iam only running 50-100max i reckoned it would be ok.

i will sort some pics out tomorow.
what do you think about my purge idea to make sure i have fuel ready at the solenoid?

cheers again
jason.
rover v8 into a robin hood.....thats the plan anyway!. update, its in and runs!! but will it stay cool??? will the bonnet fit??? will the clutch cylinder work???? who cares it sounds awesome!!!!!!!!

jetskijase
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jetskijase »

fixed hit for now, and just re read your post regarding the purge, as mine will be a few cheeky blasts on the road and maybe 1 or 2 visits to the strip i'll sort a push button out.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

So you havent used the system yet??

Get some pics of everything on here mate.

Give me the details of your facet pump as well. If this pump is for the nitrous system only then you need to biuld in a big safety margin. Ideally at least 50% more than you want to run. So if you want to use a 50 shot the pump should have at least be able to flow 75hp of fuel under worst conditions re fuel line resistance etc..

I'm not a fan of facet pumps for nitrous, but as you only intend to flow a tiny shot it should be ok !
I prefer turbine pumps.

50 divided by 8 = 6.25hp per cylinder.

I'm not sure you will even feel the hit. But it will show up on a 1/4 mile timing slip as an improvement ;)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Return to “Nitrous Oxide Area ”