Newbie after some advice

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ruffday

Newbie after some advice

Post by ruffday »

Hi all im new to the forum and to LPG V8s.
Ive just picked up a 1990 L/R Discovery with LPG on it.
Its a 3.5 on carbs with 2 underfloor tanks.
The LPG isnt working properly at the moment but could be for a few reasons.
The heater matrix is shot so disconected also the wiring looks a proper mess and I believe the vapouriser is fitted incorrectly but im not sure.

I would like to sort this out but i know nothing about LPG systems.
Can anyone suggest a site or any links i can check out to see what i need.
I need to know what components should be fitted and where so i guess some sort of diagram.

The switch is worn but looks like it says AES and it has a bigas vapouriser and to be honest looks like Stevie Wonder fitted it.

Many thanks

Malcolm Tent

Advice for Newbie

Post by Malcolm Tent »

If it's a really badly bodged installation it could be a death-trap. Also your insurance company will almost certainly require a safety certificate to show it has been installed properly, or the policy may be void. I paid £50 for my safety certification after fitting a kit.

The best advice I can give is to find a recommended local LPG fitter and get him to give your vehicle the once-over. He can tell you what needs fixing, then you can either DIY if you are mechanically skilled (it's fairly straightforward) or get it done professionally.

If you search the net you will no doubt find LPG installation instructions. Try Tinley Tech, I bought a kit from them, highly recommended. [/img][/list]
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.

Return to “LPG Section”