LPG Blog

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

MaroonLPG400

LPG Blog

Post by MaroonLPG400 »

I thought it might be useful to write a blog of my experience of LPG conversion from start to finish.
Today I will be dropping off my 1999 Lexus mk4 LS400 to Battersea Autogas to have a BRC system with auto flash lube fitted. I have requested they remove the inlet manifold when drilling to prevent swarf entering the engine.
They have complied with my request without reservation, when I drop off the car I will also insist on photos being taken of the engine with the manifold off for confirmation.
My experience with Marco at Battersea Autogas so far has been excellent, so let's see how it goes!

In the beginners mind there are all possibilities
In the experts mind there are few. Suzuki Roshi

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

With pictures! :D

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

MaroonLPG400

Post by MaroonLPG400 »

ChrisJC wrote:With pictures! :D

Chris.
You bet with pictures!!! Should be finished on Friday so pics at the weekend :lol:
LPG blog Update.
Dropped the car off today, went through where the LED indicators for gas and lube will be placed also where the filler
Will go. Decided to to have it in the body rather than in bumper as I have a dodgy back and don't want to make it any more difficult than it needs to be. There seems to be some concern about the security code for the audio/satnav system, I did not get a code with the car paper work, found a thread with some instructions for resetting on this forum, also it might be that it is disabled, I have taken photos of the relevant pages from the book supplied with the car and sent them over via email, there is a number written by hand in the book but it looks like a mobile number, I believe the code has 4 digits? if anyone can shed light on this I would be grateful.
There was one thing I found a little surprising. It seems they didn't have the correct software to hand to read the on board computer,
Apparently it is at the other branch???? (Is there one) And will be there tomorrow. Again let's see

MaroonLPG400

LPG Blog Update 3

Post by MaroonLPG400 »

Blog Update 3
Security code, as I did not have the code for my car and Autogas Battersea needed to disconnect the battery to do the conversion
I needed a solution. To my amazement I found the info on the Lexus owners forum and sent it over to AB by email.
hey presto!!! it worked.
True to there word Autogas Battersea sent over pics of the removed inlet manifold yesterday for my peace of mind (thanx Marco)
interesting though before they started they hooked the car up to a laptop just to check and found a slight misfire.
the strange thing is the car has been driving perfectly and neither I nor anyone at Autogas Battersea could detect such a thing.
anyway I had already asked for new platinum plugs to be fitted so hopefully that should sort it out.
will post pics when the job is finished.

MaroonLPG400

LPG blog Update 2

Post by MaroonLPG400 »

LPG blog Update.
Dropped the car off today, went through where the LED indicators for gas and lube will be placed also where the filler
Will go. Decided to to have it in the body rather than in bumper as I have a dodgy back and don't want to make it any more difficult than it needs to be. There seems to be some concern about the security code for the audio/satnav system, I did not get a code with the car paper work, found a thread with some instructions for resetting on this forum, also it might be that it is disabled, I have taken photos of the relevant pages from the book supplied with the car and sent them over via email, there is a number written by hand in the book but it looks like a mobile number, I believe the code has 4 digits? if anyone can shed light on this I would be grateful.
There was one thing I found a little surprising. It seems they didn't have the correct software to hand to read the on board computer,
Apparently it is at the other branch???? (Is there one) And will be there tomorrow. Again let's see

MaroonLPG400

LPG Blog update

Post by MaroonLPG400 »

There is so much report that I think the best way for anyone interested would be to follow this link

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ ... -lpg-blog/

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

Sorry, but having seen the pics I have to say that is an extremely amateurish conversion and it would never have left my workshop like that!
As for filling adaptors - if used correctly they are not an issue. I have run plenty of vehicles with them over the years without issue, some people need to get over themselves, lol.
I don't like the liquid feed pipe. It has no real abrasion resistance, unlike the FARO-type pipe shown by someone else towards the end of the thread, and I seriously doubt the ability of that bore to feed a V8 correctly at full throttle without going lean with potential for consequential engine damage..... Any engine over 180 bhp or 2.5 litre capacity really ought to have 8mm bore as a minimum! I ran a 5.7 V8 Chrysler 300C Hemi on gas for 4 years - 8mm feed pipe, 360bhp and that would sometimes try to switch back to petrol at full throttle due to flow restrictions....
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

Return to “LPG Section”