Least restrictive mixer ring for injected RV8?

Any posts regarding LPG to be posted here ONLY please.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Quagmire
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Least restrictive mixer ring for injected RV8?

Post by Quagmire »

Guys,

My LR 90 is currently running a 3.5 on SU's with the usual mixture plates/rings and closed loop control.

However I will be ditching the carbs for EFi (Megasquirt) in the next month or two- MS is already running the ignition, and all sensors have been setup and tested :D. Injectors have been tested too... So its just the nuts and bolts now.

The end goal for this project is to be injected on both petrol and lpg, but for the time being I will be just focusing on the petrol setup and retaining a mixer ring of some description for the LPG.

This will remain until I am happy with petrol performance/reliability, and I have enough money (and time) to look at the LPG injection.

When the EFI is fitted, my intake setup will then be a flapper intake manifold being fed by a Range-Rover cleaner in the the same layout as the 50th Defenders had. The Rangy cleaner even looks the same as a 50th one. See here:

Except instead of the flexy hose between plenum and filter I have two 90 degree elbows and a straight length of tube - no need for an AFM with MS either.

So my question is this - does anyone have any suggestions on a good mixer ring that I can use that will not strangle the engine too much? I know that a pressure drop is needed to make things work, but there must be an optimum size somewhere?

Cheers!

:D

1974 Rover 3500s
1984 3.5 90
1959 2.25 series 2

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

In my experience, the mixers that fit inside the pipe are all pretty poor. The only way it's ever been of negligible effect for me is on twin SU's when you've got two of them in two pipes, and the pipes are way larger than the bore of the inlet manifold.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Quagmire
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Quagmire »

Thanks for the reply Chris, I guess I'll have to look around and see what I can get for the time being...
1974 Rover 3500s
1984 3.5 90
1959 2.25 series 2

Return to “LPG Section”