Wade R034 Rebuild

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

CarbonWedge

Wade R034 Rebuild

Post by CarbonWedge »

Hi, does anyone have any details on rebuilding the Wade R034 they could send me? I've searched everywhere, and may have a chap in New Zealand who has the manual for the Commer TS3 diesel it came off! Intention is to stick on my 3.5 rover.
I'm all a bit new to superchargers, but fancy having a crack myself. Thanks!

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

Have a look at some of the other threads on this subject, the problem with the Wade is that its only good for 5000 supercharger rpm. As a result depending on the motor size it won't make a lot of boost. When rebuilding take extra care to get the clearances right, as tight as you dare on the bottom rotor to case clearance. Personally I would want a GMC 3-71 or 4-71, Much nicer design and a lot stronger, can take any revs you throw at it, peaks at around 13,000 supercharger rpm, after that it just makes more heat, also loses efficiency as airspeed goes supersonic at the rotor tips. I haven't built a Wade so can't advise on method but from memory I think it has straight cut gears which make things a little easier. The rotors are straight hence the angled opening to smooth out delivery, again the GMC with its helical rotors is a better solution to smoothing out the air delivery.

Alan

CarbonWedge

Post by CarbonWedge »

Thanks Alan. I would have preferred the 4/71, but this one came up cheap and I couldn't say no! It's in excellent condition other than bearings being a bit stiff. I don't intend on running huge boost, and I'm careful with the max rpm on the engine anyway, so with the charger underrun I should be fine on that score. It's mainly the clearance info I was after, I found this good article on rebuilding GMC, so I guess the principle is similar on the Wade. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=367403

crappycresta

Post by crappycresta »

hi i have the workshop manual for the wade,if you want a copy,there are number punch marks on the tip of the rotors,that are supose to line up in order to time the rotors,cheers

CarbonWedge

Post by CarbonWedge »

Thanks crappycresta that would be great! Let me know the best way for you to send it, if you need anything for the trouble, let me know.

Cheers, Paul

crappycresta

Post by crappycresta »

hi paul ,i can send you a copy ,no problem,let me know,i can fax it or email,if i can figure out how to do it,cheers crappy.

CarbonWedge

Post by CarbonWedge »

Thanks crappycresta, i've sent you an email with my details. Cheers :wink:

crappycresta

Post by crappycresta »

hi i will fax you a copy ,see how it comes out ,if its no good let me know i will try and email it ,cheers crappy.

CarbonWedge

Post by CarbonWedge »

Hi Crappy,

Just gone into the office this morning and picked up the fax. Thanks very much, it's appreciated!

Paul

greased-up-deaf-guy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by greased-up-deaf-guy »

Im also going down this route and ive been looking for a manual on the wade blower.

Crappy, could i be a pain and ask for a copy please? Would be greatly appriciated! :)

CarbonWedge

Post by CarbonWedge »

I've just scanned the faxes crappycresta sent me - if you PM me your email I can send it across as a PDF.

greased-up-deaf-guy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

You have PM.... Thanks in advance :)

crappycresta

ro34

Post by crappycresta »

hi just seen your message for build manual,have not been on forum for some time,been in garage working on another cresta.sorry crappyvelox,glad you have been sorted sorry about that.
cheers crappy.

greased-up-deaf-guy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

No need for the sorrys dude, yeah got a pdf sorted thanks :)

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
Been having a bit of a think about your idea of using 2 ro34s on an SBC. Say you had a 350 chev, went for a max revs on the engine of 6500, a max revs on the supercharger of 5000 revs, If you assume 100% VE at peak revs, yes unlikley but for the sake of argument! that gives you a pressure ratio of about 1.8:1 or about 12 psi boost. I don't think I would go for less than about 9 PSI boost as the losses in driving 2 blowers would be proportionally high at low revs making the engine peaky and that would be a pain on a blown engine. Looking at it logically a 383 (3.75" crank) or 396 (3.875" crank) chevy small block with the pair of RO 34 blowers under driven by about 30%, good ally heads with 190 or 200cc inlet ports, about 8.5 to 8.75 CR and a sensible hydraulic cam would see a very interesting engine. If you mounted the blowers onto a common plenum with an water intercooler under each and port fuel injected it with a megasquirt set up I recon you would have a very interesting looking set up that gave very good power (550 to 625 BHP depending on cam) and it would look stunning.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Return to “Forced Induction”