Wade R034 Rebuild

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

kiwicar wrote:Hi
Been having a bit of a think about your idea of using 2 ro34s on an SBC. Say you had a 350 chev, went for a max revs on the engine of 6500, a max revs on the supercharger of 5000 revs, If you assume 100% VE at peak revs, yes unlikley but for the sake of argument! that gives you a pressure ratio of about 1.8:1 or about 12 psi boost. I don't think I would go for less than about 9 PSI boost as the losses in driving 2 blowers would be proportionally high at low revs making the engine peaky and that would be a pain on a blown engine. Looking at it logically a 383 (3.75" crank) or 396 (3.875" crank) chevy small block with the pair of RO 34 blowers under driven by about 30%, good ally heads with 190 or 200cc inlet ports, about 8.5 to 8.75 CR and a sensible hydraulic cam would see a very interesting engine. If you mounted the blowers onto a common plenum with an water intercooler under each and port fuel injected it with a megasquirt set up I recon you would have a very interesting looking set up that gave very good power (550 to 625 BHP depending on cam) and it would look stunning.
Best regards
Mike
The wade is pretty old and inefficient. Get yourself something newer on that lump chap.

Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

greased-up-deaf-guy
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by greased-up-deaf-guy »

Thanks for the reply mike! Im liking the idea of the two wades more and more. The fabrication work alone is making me want to do it. I know they are old and not that efficient but i happen to have two and that saves me buying another type, in the future i could alway swap them out.
I have come across a sbc that might be for sale and was built with 1000hp in mind :) i'll keep you updated.
Cheers
brad

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Eliot
can't disagree with you, they are old tech and there are better units, however he has 2 already and fabricating skills to do the job. On that basis it is the cheepest option, for what he would get for the pair on ebay would not even buy a 6-71 for rebuild let alone a snout to go with it. He could get lucky and trade the pair for a blower off a jag, but would still need another one for a Chevy.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Mark32

Wade r034 rebuild

Post by Mark32 »

I have two r034 wade blowers for v8 rover and want to refurb.
Does anyone have a workshop manual in pdf form they can provide.
Keen to ensure I rebuild to exact tolerances.
do the gears require a special tool to remove as example.

When I finish I will have a spare r034 for v8 rover engine available for sale.
Thanks
Mark

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

hi
If you are going to put a ro34 on anything bigger than a 3.5 rover it will be too small. Even a 3.5 they only make about 5 or 6 psi boost. On the 383 analasys id ages ago in this thread I missed the bit about pumping eficiency I think these units are about 70% efficient Max, an unblown 383 SBC on 200 cc port heads and the right cam will make 420 to 450 bhp without anything too fancy going on, adding 100 to 150bhp to that with a blower is very little extra and you will notice I said it needed an intercooler to do it. Stick a 6 71 on there and you would be looking at 720, 750 bhp wih the intercooler. What I was saying was it would make good basis for a show motor as he already had 2 of them ready go.
please consider a 4 71 for the rover rather tha sinking hours into refurbishing the ro34s
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

What Mike says is true......But
I've had two Wade R034's,both on 3.5's,
The best sounding blower IMHO,tremendous fun,a good blower to use for a learning curve.I then went to a 4:71,then to a 6v71,
I have no regrets having owned the Wades,especially as they were half the price as the GMC

Mark32

Post by Mark32 »

Thanks
I want to refurb the wade r034 blowers on a sd1 3.5 v8
Looking for advise on how to remove the gears, check tolerances and bearing wear and what is viable to refurb .

A PDFs workshop manual would be welcomed to follow to rebuild setup and install.

Thanks
Mark

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
I used to have a copy of this can't find it now but from what I remember it gives a basic guide to clearances and refurbishment. It is not exactly up to date, but it is a working guide. I would find an oem application then look for the manual for that engine, I have no idea who used them originally but look for generator sets and farm machinery. You may find the manuals are now "collectables".
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

mcmental
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by mcmental »

hi there does anyone still have a PDF copy of the wade information please?

thanks

chris

Tinworm

Re: manual please please send me a copy I'm desperate lol I'm a newbie

Post by Tinworm »

CarbonWedge wrote:
Mon May 03, 2010 6:04 pm
Thanks crappycresta that would be great! Let me know the best way for you to send it, if you need anything for the trouble, let me know.

Cheers, Paul

Packardmick

Re: Wade R034 Rebuild

Post by Packardmick »

Hi, new member here
I'm in need of the manual for the Wade ro34 supercharger, I have a couple of them here and need some information
Is someone able to send me through a copy?
Would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Mick

Ditts786

Re: Wade R034 Rebuild

Post by Ditts786 »

Hi,

I'm in need of the manual for the Wade ro34 supercharger ? I've been searching everywhere and ive had no look. I've purchased a few but they are no good, they don't go into detail enough.

I hope someone can help me and forward me a manual, I would really appreciate it

Return to “Forced Induction”