What injectors for twinturbo 3.9

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Twinturbotr7
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

What injectors for twinturbo 3.9

Post by Twinturbotr7 »

What size injectors do the forum think i will need ? Its a 3.9 intercooled twinturbo with a stand alone ecu, hotwire style manifold looking for 300/330hp , im a bit of a horder so ive alreaday got 3 sets of injectors not sure if any of these are big enough 1)Ive got an original set green stripe lucacs disk type injectors 2) ive got some bosh thor green injectors 3)and a set of vectra injectors (that have been discussed on here before ) that are aledged to be 250cc , ive read that the thor injectors and the vectra ones are pintal type so should be better spray patern /better atomisation ,
i suppose the vectra ones are prob the best bet as they have largest cc but there only 2 hole but the thor ones are 4 hole ?
Or are they not big enough ? If so what cc do you lot think i need to look for ?

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

it's a very modest power goal.

8 x 250cc's would cover it ok. If you're intending to use second hand injectors, then i wouldnt be worried about their design. Just buy whatever is cheap, OEM product and is in good order.

Dont buy cheap...and chinese lol
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Twinturbotr7
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Twinturbotr7 »

stevieturbo wrote:it's a very modest power goal.

8 x 250cc's would cover it ok. If you're intending to use second hand injectors, then i wouldnt be worried about their design. Just buy whatever is cheap, OEM product and is in good order.

Dont buy cheap...and chinese lol

Hi thanks for the reply ,I've also thought about using Siemens deka stubby I've seen these on ebay item number 282434312091 , is it asking for trouble buying these off ebay ?
You use these don't you ? from what I've read they flow loads so would still be ok if I went bigger in the future, but they are still ok when used at idle , I wondered if they would fit the holes in the rover manifold ? I don't mind modifying the fuel rail a bit but don't want to get into drilling bigger holes on the manifold

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

I do use Siemens injectors and yes they make good stuff ( although mine are obviously different than those on ebay )

Those ones you list appear to have a Renault logo on them ? so presumably they've taken them off some sort of Renault ? At least that should mean they are a genuine good quality part

As long as you can adapt your rails etc to suit, no reason why they wont work just fine.

Hopefully anyway !
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Forced Induction”