Eaton M90 rpm

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Steven 90
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Steven 90 »

Jp

You have a pm

grtss S

Writing English is a bitt of a problem....

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

En je hebt een PM terug.

Groeten JP
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

dyno
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by dyno »

Funny these Eaton blowers can't stand fuel? I've build a Volvo B18 engine years ago for a customer competing in historic rally's. I've use a smaller model Eaton from a Mercedes (was new). Eaton was sucking air from a modified SU carburetor (first Weber but the SU did a better job when it came to fuel consumption). And blowing his mixture into a home build log type manifold.

We never had any problems and car has done than 60.000 Km in less than 2 years. At 60.000 Km (mix competition and on off rally's on motorway (Italy, Portugal, Greece, Spain, etc...)) I've dismantled the engine to check for wear. With the exception of the camshaft and followers (a typical Volvo B18 - 20 issue) the engine was as new. Must say, the color of the rotor coating was no longer grey as standard, a lot more dark (brown) but nothing came of and no leaking seals. The engine has been in competition for many more years and was finally sold.

Sure your issue was because of the LPgas or fuel?

Trying to build a blown LPgas carburetor like for example an EMPCO is tricky. I've once tried with a turbo but finally put the mixer in front of the turbo (suck-through) and was working perfect.

Trying to build any car with a positive blower and throttle plate at pressure side is difficult. Blower can build up a lot of boost if valve is almost closed. It can grab free air but can't get rid of it. You will notice belt slip from miles away.

Steven 90
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Steven 90 »

Dyno,

You have a pm

grts

Steven

Steven 90
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Steven 90 »

The inlet spacer is done, no idea how to get pics here :? [/img]

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

To include photos in your post;
Save them on a photo sharing site like photobucket.com (its free, just need to register)
Then click image share and you'll get several sharing options.
Click the IMG option and it should say - copied.
Then just paste that link in your comments and hey presto.

Tom.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

Return to “Forced Induction”