Rover 14CUX: Alternative injectors, any improvements?

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Rover 14CUX: Alternative injectors, any improvements?

Post by GDCobra »

stevieturbo wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:28 pm
Wouldn't see any problems in driving it normally to get it tuned, even if it was a bit larger injectors.
That's what I think too, be more bothered if flow rate was less. But why would anyone do that?

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

As has been mentioned if you change your injector for a 'better' one you really need to be changing the mapping to make the most.
I'm using Bosch 'green giant' 0280155968 injectors which 'bolt in' and use better multi hole atomised spray technology, however i'm also using MS2 to fire them.

I can say although they are 42lb they are not 'too big' as was historically claimed and my engine idles/cruises fine.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by GDCobra »

SuperV8 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:14 pm
As has been mentioned if you change your injector for a 'better' one you really need to be changing the mapping to make the most.
I'm using Bosch 'green giant' 0280155968 injectors which 'bolt in' and use better multi hole atomised spray technology, however i'm also using MS2 to fire them.

I can say although they are 42lb they are not 'too big' as was historically claimed and my engine idles/cruises fine.
Wow, just looked at the specs on them, about double the flow rate of standard bur as you say the low speed behaviour is more dependent on atomisation capability than anything else which is mainly what got me asking this question.
Wish I had the engine to use them!
What sort of output is yours.

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

GDCobra wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:04 pm
SuperV8 wrote:

Wow, just looked at the specs on them, about double the flow rate of standard bur as you say the low speed behaviour is more dependent on atomisation capability than anything else which is mainly what got me asking this question.
4.6 supercharged Rover V8. Haven't yet measured the power - but from engine calculations I've done should be around 400bhp.
I believe they are popular in the US so they are generally well priced.

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by GDCobra »

SuperV8 wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:42 am
GDCobra wrote:
SuperV8 wrote:

4.6 supercharged Rover V8. Haven't yet measured the power - but from engine calculations I've done should be around 400bhp.

That must be incredible in a car that light, think I've had a skate-board which was heavier!

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

GDCobra wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:40 pm
SuperV8 wrote:
GDCobra wrote:

That must be incredible in a car that light, think I've had a skate-board which was heavier!
Certainly concentrates the mind!
Weighed around 650kg when it was SVA'd.

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by GDCobra »

SuperV8 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:08 pm
GDCobra wrote:
SuperV8 wrote:

About 200KG lighter than mine and double the power. I'm guessing you avoid wet weather!

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

GDCobra wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm
SuperV8 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:08 pm
GDCobra wrote:

About 200KG lighter than mine and double the power. I'm guessing you avoid wet weather!
Now i've got some softer/track biased 255 rear tyres which are much better and on a nice warm day really grip well - on a cold autumn day you need to be 'gentle'!
Only driven in the wet once - on a road trip to Le-Mans a few years ago - with the old 3.5 engine - 'scary'! aquaplaning very easily at 40mph on the motorway! my mate in the Rover 'support car' was wondering what I was upto as I disappeared in his rear view mirror going sideways! :lol:
Light cars with wide tyres are not ideal in standing water!

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”