48 IDF

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Charred fingers

48 IDF

Post by Charred fingers »

I have a mgb gt v8 conversion currently off the road for some restoration work and have often wondered about fitting a 48 idf , its fitted with a pair of SU's. Machining the turret off fabricating an adaptor and tigging it on is no problem. I've seen this sort of thing done to fit the 38dgas and the 40 dfa. I wondered if anyone here has done this and what would be the correct jetting for this would
be on s stock 3.5.
Cheers R

Mc Tool
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Re: 48 IDF

Post by Mc Tool »

How are you going to fit that under the hood, I know you can fit dcoe and keep it all inside
I wish I was young again , Id be heaps smarter than the first time

Charred fingers

Post by Charred fingers »

Machining the turret will take off about 80 mm. The carb excluding ram pipes is 136mm tall. There is clearance above the turret as it stands something i can check with a collapsible cardboard tube.. I don't mind fitting a power bulge as the SU's already have them

Mc Tool
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , I like power bulges . Location is a shame , I could have offered you a edelbrock performer manifold and holley 390 vac sec , I have had them on an engine for years and it has never been run so as brand new
IMG_20200124_124258.jpg

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

McTool
That engine looks very neat, what sort of specifications etc?
Presume 3.5 and it looks like a P6 front end!
Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Mc Tool
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Mc Tool »

Its an early rope seal block, 3.5 , converted to lip seal , shot peined and polished rods, 10.5:1 comp (fly cut pistons )hyd fast road cam , vernier double row camchain/sprockets , efi valves ,bronze guides , head and main stud kits , rod bolts ( arp )tall rotor kit and mg spring in oil pump and the whole lot ( inc clutch and flywheel )ballanced. The fast road cam is a bit over the top with .510" lift, hence the bronze guides ,it just squeeks past the coil bind test but the lift is a bit pointless needs to be reduced a bit and I never did make up my mind how to do this , either a new cam or get this (billet) cam reground. Its been around since 1997 . I have since got an serp 3.9 and plan to sell this 3.5 motor but I dont want to pass on any issues re the cam so I gotta do something . I have an efi set up so I figured if I have the carb & manifold off might sell that and put the efi on to sell motor . There is a w57 toyota 5 speed and dellow bell housing too.

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”