Rv8 oil leak problems

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Caprirsv8

Rv8 oil leak problems

Post by Caprirsv8 »

Can anyone give me some help and advice please, I have a rv8 circa 1980 sd1, it is completely rebuilt and slightly tuned with a piper fast road cam, stage 1 heads, lightened flywheel, offenhauser intake with a edelbrock 500 carb, the sump leaks oil only when running which I believe to be sump pressure, no oil is leaking from the valley gasket, I have changed the sump gasket twice but still leaks, my rocker covers are the ones with a small pipe coming out of the top and linked together via a t piece to the bottom of the air cleaner, there are no flame traps or pcv valves, I have read up on solutions and believe that the way forward is to install on the near side rocker cover an inline pcv valve direct to the pcv valve input on the front of the carb and the off side rocker direct to the air cleaner, I have read that there different types of valves that restrict flow etc so if this is the way forward what types and where is the best place to get them from, am I missing anything or is there a better solution, thanks in advance.
Regards Steve

Stagrover

Re: Rv8 oil leak problems

Post by Stagrover »

Very late to the problem but I had the similar problem which was cured by a simple pcv outlet, from real steel, direct to the centre vacuum port on the front of the carb.

Hope you also ready sorted.

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”