Engine number identification

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

harl606

Engine number identification

Post by harl606 »

Hi
Yet another new member trying to identify an engine. I'm building, very slowly, a Cobra look-a-like. I have a Rover V8 engine which I'm told is a Vitesse engine. It shows the 9.75:1CR which is a good sign and the engine number is S30A00103. I haven't yet found any official records with the S prefix. I see that in an earlier posting someone suggested such engines were destined for Morgan, which as a Morgan V8 fan I would be very happy with.

But if there is anyone that can help me to clarify the number that would be great.

Thanks

Barrie

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Engine number identification

Post by adamnreeves »

My new short block I bought has a XM prefix which was destined for Mogan apparently. It turns out that Mitchell Cotts made the block under license from Rover. I am guess the S prefix indicates manufacture under license from Rover. Maybe someone else will be along to answer for definate.

harl606 wrote:Hi
Yet another new member trying to identify an engine. I'm building, very slowly, a Cobra look-a-like. I have a Rover V8 engine which I'm told is a Vitesse engine. It shows the 9.75:1CR which is a good sign and the engine number is S30A00103. I haven't yet found any official records with the S prefix. I see that in an earlier posting someone suggested such engines were destined for Morgan, which as a Morgan V8 fan I would be very happy with.

But if there is anyone that can help me to clarify the number that would be great.

Thanks

Barrie

NZed

Re: Engine number identification

Post by NZed »

Hi Barrie. Long shot. Your bostbwas a number of years ago.

I too am tracking down history of an S prefix rover V8. S30A00*** no suffix. Did you ever get to the bottom of it? Thanks. Nathan

Return to “Engines Area”