Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

been asked by a friend if we can find out what this number is:

RWV8D601846 its on a tophat linered block

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

ged
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ged »

thev8kid wrote:been asked by a friend if we can find out what this number is:

RWV8D601846 its on a tophat linered block
Hi,

I've got a similar Engine No.
It's Ray Webb V8 Developments.

Regards Ged

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

cheers Ged,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

gulf blue rsr

Post by gulf blue rsr »

Hmmm, just read through all this thread trying to identify my new engine to see what I could find out then the last couple of posts seem to have perhaps given me my answer!!

My engine number is RWVD019946 not sure now without going back out to check but the 0 could be a zero or perhaps a o but can anyone confirm that the engine is a Ray Webb v8 developments block?

I will give them a ring to see if they can confirm......

Steve

gulf blue rsr

Post by gulf blue rsr »

Ahh, just went back out to the garage and re read the number, and it is in fact......... RWV8D019946

So yes I guess that confirms it is a Ray Webb engine and also that I need to get to spec savers and sort my eyes out :oops: :oops: :oops:

tantus pedis

Post by tantus pedis »

Beginner here...
P6 car - SD1 engine (I've been told). No engine number - just CC stamped where number should be.
It needs a new cam kit but I don't know what CR to order for. Any advice - is there a one size CR kit that will fit all without causing damage?

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

What is engine no. could be on the rear of the block near top of the bellhousing in which case it is a P6

What are no's by the dipstick?

Suggest you post in engine section you will get more response.

Kevin.

turbodave

Post by turbodave »

Just as an FYI - the engine block number from my 2003 discovery 4.6 which has loose liners (no water loss/or pressurising, just hammered grooves in the firing rings and a tapping when warm) is 08d13156A. It is a LCF000250 casting.

It is being replaced with a HRC2411 with TH liners from V8D. :-)

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Devonrod »

Well acording to the list the 4.6 I have just got (from a range rover ) is from a Morgan +8 ! its got a S before the engine number. ??????

Stu E
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Stu E »

Hi
I'm looking at an engine described as a 3.9 EFI. The engine number starts 24d and it has carbs fitted so am a little unsure as to the description, can someone confirm whether that number is for a 3.5, I've looked on the list above, would just like to know if I'm looking at the numbers correctly.
Cheers Stu.

minorv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by minorv8 »

Hi, I bought a new 4,0 cross bolted block and noticed yesterday that it is a small mains block. The serial number is 47A00.... and according to the list it is a Morgan +8 block. Stamped CR 9.35 matches.

Never crossed my mind since there was supposed to be very few (if even that) small mains engines with cross bolt blocks :oops:

Naturally I need a big mains block so looks like I need to have it line bored for my use.

sicarumba

Post by sicarumba »

Hello

I'm a little confused over my engine number. I am told the RV8 I bought is from a P5B from about 1970 and the engine number mostly supports this. It is located right at the back next to where the gearbox bolts on and it says 10.5 : 1 cr, 84006823. However, there is a space at the end followed by an upside-down B.

I apologise for what may be a stupid question, but does that make it a "suffix-B" engine? Looking at the engine code list there is no B option, only A. The block has rope seals so I am sure it's from around 1970.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

sicarumba wrote:I apologise for what may be a stupid question, but does that make it a "suffix-B" engine? Looking at the engine code list there is no B option, only A. The block has rope seals so I am sure it's from around 1970.
P5B engines all started "840", were all 10.5:1cr, and there were A,B,C & D suffixes. I can't be sure of the differences on A,B & C, other than the crank and piston type changed at some time during that period, but suffix "D" had a lip type rear main seal to replace the rope one.

sicarumba

Post by sicarumba »

harvey wrote:P5B engines all started "840", were all 10.5:1cr, and there were A,B,C & D suffixes. I can't be sure of the differences on A,B & C, other than the crank and piston type changed at some time during that period, but suffix "D" had a lip type rear main seal to replace the rope one.
Hello again Harvey.

The thing that confuses me is the fact that although there is a B at the end of my engine number, which I suppose is the definition of a suffix B engine, there are some fundamental differences in the Rover V8 rebuild manual between suffix B and non-suffix B whereby my engine falls into the non category. For example, my oil pump has a shaft which is driven from the distributor. I know there's every chance the oil pump / timing cover assembly is not the original, but could it be that the suffix B I have is not in the same context as the one mentioned in the manual?

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

sicarumba wrote:The thing that confuses me is the fact that although there is a B at the end of my engine number, which I suppose is the definition of a suffix B engine, there are some fundamental differences in the Rover V8 rebuild manual between suffix B and non-suffix B whereby my engine falls into the non category. For example, my oil pump has a shaft which is driven from the distributor. I know there's every chance the oil pump / timing cover assembly is not the original, but could it be that the suffix B I have is not in the same context as the one mentioned in the manual?
I haven't really got a lot more I can offer, other than to say that I can't think of what the differences between A, B & C suffixes are (other than my aforementioned crank & pistons reference, and that can't account for more than one change) and to reitterate that if the number starts "840" it's from a P5B, and the timing cover and distributor drive arrangements on those are all the same regardless of suffix letter, and they are also the same as P6B, the only difference being the oil pump cover points the filter down and to the side on the P5B, and down and towards the front on the P6B. The change to the distributor drive arrangement came with the Hi volume oil pump on the SD1, even though it's still basically the same. P5B & P6B timing covers are identical.

Return to “Engines Area”