Rovertec v8 Engine HELP!!!!!!

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

no mate standard bolts, (at the moment 8) )
may leave them as is for now the mains are studded which is good,

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Well standard injection bolts are reputedly pretty damn fine so probably not worth changing them especially if the engines been balanced as you don't want to go upsetting that.
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

very true mate,
Need to source a set of rings now,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Im still hunting rings for these ferkin pistons, :cry:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Have changed engine route now,
and going to rebuild this engine and sell on,

Not sure what we have decided yet as its replacement, but i think it will be fun either way,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

Those pistons will take nitrous if injected late. If injesting to early and getting any detonation they'll crack the top ring land even if they are eutectic or hypereutectics.. You really need something forged if you plan on abusing the engine with lots of power.

What have you found then ?

Boosted.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

have found no other info mate, have mailed v8 devel a few times with no replies back,

so looking at a possible stroked engine now, but need to work the money out and get bits as i can afford it, don't break the bank then and i can still go racing this year,

quite like the idea of using a 3.9 block, 4.6 crank and rods and the 4.0 pistons a high comp 4.6 with very little machine work (eg rebores etc)
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

Tony, my take is this. Invest in the pistons and rings and a set of arps and then use any engine you can. If you want revs then get a 3.9 block, low c/r and cane it. Use a turbo/s and or nitrous. Single turbo if you're on a budget. Ie, a t34 hybrid. Could do well with a holley carb and a plenum on top. Keep it simple and low c/r :)

Boosted.

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Totally random comment and I do apologise, it's late and I'm bounding around forums waiting for a download to finish - but the bottom end of that engine looks great :lol: Something about those ARP bits that just look right!
If you want revs then get a 3.9 block
This so? I assume you can build a good screamer out of a 3.5 but does the 3.9 mean you can build a bit more grunt onto that scream? (Hah, that makes no sense...bit late in the day...)

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

Lewis wrote:Totally random comment and I do apologise, it's late and I'm bounding around forums waiting for a download to finish - but the bottom end of that engine looks great :lol: Something about those ARP bits that just look right!
If you want revs then get a 3.9 block
This so? I assume you can build a good screamer out of a 3.5 but does the 3.9 mean you can build a bit more grunt onto that scream? (Hah, that makes no sense...bit late in the day...)
Yes. Both engines share the same short stroke so are more willing to rev then the larger capacity engines..

Boosted.

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Speak to IanStewart about that one. He regulary takes his 3.9 to 7k+.

Its an old resleeved p6 3.5 wobbly block with standard polished rods and forged pistons plus arp fasteners.

It made 280+bhp on the dyno not that long ago! I'm guessing thats because of its ability to breath and pass alot of air at high revs.
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

yep, 7k on a regular basis, it had been buzzed to 8200+ when I accidently deleted the rev limiter and missed a shift, we only found this when checking the ECU perameters,
use good bolts, steel flywheel, and good pistons, and it should stay together, :shock:
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Duly noted, s'ah! <salutes>

Think that might be where I end up going.

Return to “Engines Area”