Yella Terra Rockers standard Rocker covers?

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

MattyP

Yella Terra Rockers standard Rocker covers?

Post by MattyP »

Hi all,
Coming to the end of my 4.6 build now and after fitting and adjusting my lovely new yella terra roller rocker (which by the way do not just slip on and bobs your uncle. Not without having to add extra washers to ensure the roller sits centraly on the valve, and not without turning the diameter of the rocker shaft bolt heads down as they also catch on the rocker arms) found that the standard rocker covers now do not clear the rockers. Has anyone else had this problem? Don't really fancy removing the baffles as they are there for a reason.

Any advice greatfully received.
Cheers
Matt

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

I have managed to get Kenne Bell RRs under P5 covers, but as you said I dont have Baffles fitted, really I did not expect my rockers to clear, and had allready decided that I would have to get some spacers made, anywhere that has a water jet cutter or laser cutter would be the cheapest way to go, or get a pair of old rocker covers and cut off 6mm from the flange and file or machine them flat, you can use thes as spacers as long as you get them flat, otherwise you will have leaks
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

MattyP

Post by MattyP »

Yeah I had thought of the spacer option and may still do that. Someone mentioned that Eddlebrock covers were slightly larger but I'm not that keen on the look of them. Really I wanted the old type Rover covers as I think they are the nicest.

Many thanks
Matt

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

DJE do some rather nice finned large rocker covers to allow for roller rockers. Think they are about £95 IIRC but i may be wrong. check the website out mate :)

MattyP

Post by MattyP »

Cheers,
will do :)

winkle
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by winkle »

Matty, I had the same problem with spacing shims etc on the yella terras. I am going to try using two (on each cover) of the later rubber rocker gaskets, but have also removed the baffles.

Steve
Live dangerously, syphon fuel, smoke in bed, run with scissors

Robrover
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Robrover »

I have YTs on my 4.6 with P6B chrome rocker covers. Had to use two Fel Pro rubber rocker cover gaskets glued together under each rocker cover. Provides just enough clearance. You could also get a spcaer made up - Pop Brown's do spacers to adapt other rocker covers to RV8 heads for the Cobra / hot rod boys.

nigelv8

Re: Yella Terra Rockers standard Rocker covers?

Post by nigelv8 »

Jumping on this old thread. Have found some 8mm spacers to raise the standard rover rocker covers from the states.

Will 8mm be enough to raise them over roller rockers?

Has anyone found ally spacers in the UK?
They didn't do the car I always promised myself, so I built it myself!

Return to “Engines Area”