Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Somewhat clean piston 4.6

Post by GDCobra »

rednaxela wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:22 pm
DaveEFI wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:05 pm
Seems odd to recommend MegaJolt. When mentioning the desire to avoid electronics.
I know, it's just that needs must. Would hate to use a dizzy in a 1998 vehicle and use the wrong cover for a 4.6 at that.

I've read through some Megasquirt tuning threads which have begun to put me off using aftermarket EFI due to complications with dialling everything in.
Couldn’t agree more on not using a dizzy, I hate the things. However I don’t like the idea of using EDIS either, mainly due to using an old piece of kit which is difficult to source in the UK.
I tried using the. Nodiz system, unfortunately I couldn’t get it working successfully so can’t really give a recommendation but I know at least one other who got it working apparently successfully.
In the end I used a Megasquirt 2 which I happened to have available and was set up to fire the coils directly. Bit of a waste having all that unused potential but I already have the fuelling under control. I’d definitely advise looking at non-EDIS systems.

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by GDCobra »

DaveEFI wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:44 pm
rednaxela wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:22 pm
DaveEFI wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:05 pm
Seems odd to recommend MegaJolt. When mentioning the desire to avoid electronics.
I know, it's just that needs must. Would hate to use a dizzy in a 1998 vehicle and use the wrong cover for a 4.6 at that.

I've read through some Megasquirt tuning threads which have begun to put me off using aftermarket EFI due to complications with dialling everything in.
Well, jetting a carb from scratch ain't an easy job either. Rather more difficult than tuning an ECU, I'd say.
But at least when you jet a carb you know it will never be 100% so presumably set out with low expectations!

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

As for how long it takes water to start cleaning.....LOL

around 21mins there is an example. But it's all worth watching, these guys do crazy stuff.

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Engines Area”