Pre Serpentine Oil Pump body plate

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Allan Robinson
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Pre Serpentine Oil Pump body plate

Post by Allan Robinson »

Hi every one. It's been a while since I last posted but I could do with some advice please. I recently bought a new original Rover Oil pump plate to fit my SD1 front cover; however, I was surprised to find that the thread that the filter screws onto is actually 13/16" UNF and not the same as my existing 3/4" plate. Now this would not normally be an issue other than I would need a different oil filter, but in my case I am using a remote filter and oil cooler so the Mocal sandwich plate screw on end cover will no longer fit. Its a shame as this unit not only contains a new original pressure relief valve but also a 'filter blocked bi-pass valve' which my existing doesn't.

My question is what vehicle would have had this 13/16" oil pump plate and filter fitted?
The box is dated 24/8/70 and part number 603688.

While I'm asking I may as well also ask does anyone know if Mocal make a 13/16" end cover and sandwich plate (although I could just drill the existing sandwich plate out to suit a new end cover).

I look forward to any advice.
Allan

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Pre Serpentine Oil Pump body plate

Post by harvey »

Allan Robinson wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:12 am

My question is what vehicle would have had this 13/16" oil pump plate and filter fitted?
The box is dated 24/8/70 and part number 603688.

P6B & presumably early Range Rover.

Edit: Just checked and that is the part number for P6B. (Not P5B, that one is different).

Return to “Engines Area”