General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Mc Tool
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Rover cam

Post by Mc Tool »

IMG_20200106_0003.jpg
Hi this is the spec sheet for the cam in my 3.5 that was destined for my capri ( engine has never been run ).... but I have just bought a 3.9 serpintine motor . the plan was to take the new cam and lifters ( as per image ) and fit it to the 3.9. This cam is old technology now , and it got just over 1/2" lift which makes me wonder if there are not better options available now . I have not used this cam before and it seem by comparison that its got a bit more lift than the modern fast road cams and I did get the 3.5 pistons machined with valve reliefs , so , is it worth swapping it out or should I leave it there and get a newer (better ) cam for the 3.9 . Does this cam require roller rockers should I fit it ? At the mo I have federal mogal steel rockers , and an ajustable cam double roller chain and sprockets and fairly plain lifters ( dunno what brand ).
Im looking for opinions of people with a bit of experiance tuning rovers that might be able to give me a shove in the right direction.
thanks
Hamish

I wish I was young again , Id be heaps smarter than the first time

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Re: Rover cam

Post by Rossco »

If it were mine I'd swap it into the 3.9

The Fed rockers should be fine, unless you really want a roller setup it's all down to the max RPM that you're looking for. It'll be RPM that kills the rockers.

Return to “Engines Area”