unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Billet Rover block for $15 000.00

Post by unstable load »

Would you pay $15k for a billet block?
Have a look here...https://discoweb.org/index.php?threads/ ... ock.98037/
Think about it hard...

A "genuine" (potentially slightly improved) Rover V8 block that will suffer absolutely none of the problems associated with blocks currently on the market. It would be full custom and machined from scratch, but it would bolt right in; being set up as a 4.6. Anyone would be able to build a complete engine in there without special catalogs.

Once and done.

We're talking about maximum precision, here; a block that'll be happy for a lifetime. I need 20 for it to make sense, and I know the people are out there. I just don't at this time know precisely where they are, but I'm going to do my best to cure that ignorance.

General Land Rover use, TVR restoration, race cars, rally vehicles, boats... It would still be one of, if not the lightest "production" V8s on the market. It just wouldn't ever f**k up.

Cheers,
John

sbs

Re: Billet Rover block for $15 000.00

Post by sbs »

If you were going to build a billet block and pay that kind of money, making it stock displacement would be idiotic.

I estimate the market size at roughly zero +/- zero, including the OP over there. Have seen the same sort of knucklehead on various forums over the years.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

perhaps a slightly different approach would be to re-engineer an LS block to make it a drop in replacement in terms of bell-housing and engine mounts?

Because after $15k on the billet rover block, you are still stuck with the crappy heads, intake and plenum which is going to cost another few grand to address.

The only upgrade i performed on my dakar was to remove the rover and replace it with a sbc.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

A completely and utterly pointless venture.

It really does serve no sensible purpose.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Engines Area”