Lumpy 3.5 with Flapper

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Lumpy 3.5 with Flapper

Post by Ian Anderson »

Did you do the start in the dark teat and run it up to 2500 rpm to see if the sparks are leaking?

Ian

Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lumpy 3.5 with Flapper

Post by richardpope50 »

No, we have not tried the car since we (you) spotted the vac tube errors.
No, we have not tried running in the dark.
Yes, I tend to agree that it could be a timing issue as tht was the real thing we altered by removing the dizzy, trying others and putting it back.
(The engine was fully rebuilt by a professional engine company before installation so it is not that and we only corrected anything to do with the EFi.)

The car is not mine but two of us tried to help my friend get it running over the four days as above. We seem to have failed as did someone a 18 months ago. It is a but of a shame but my friend has lost interest in it even though this is the last hurdle before putting it through the IVA test and get it on the road. The car is not at my house albet it is a short tow away and it has to be up to him to carry on.

Since we started, we actually ended up with the engine running not as well as at the start. The only thing that really changed was removing the dizzy and I suspect there is a prblem there. My friend, apart from losing interest, really cannot just go out and buy a new dizzy or indeed anything so that's a problem. All a bit sad really.

However, I really appreciate all your help but have to leave it for now. Thanks guys.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

Return to “Engines Area”