Todays silly questions - and lots of them! Block info!

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jenko »

Hi Tom,

It's a good point....My kit came with an oil cooler, and I've heard stories about the tight squeeze in the westfield engine bay coupled with the ducted nose cone not being the greatest for cooling. So I hadn't really considered if it was needed. Car will have occasional track work, but we are talking 2 x year max.

I suppose it's an easy retro fit job if find the need to oil cool, so may well do without now and see what happens. As you say, if a supercharged 4.6 doesn't need one, then I would have to question if my westfield would.

Thanks....Paul.

Building a westfield V8

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jenko »

Bit of an update......
Whilst searching through some of the boxes that came with the kit I found 'the tube'...so that puts that one to bed.

Also, I trial fitted the engine and gearbox on the weekend, the good news is that there is enough room under the timing cover to get the remote oil filter take off plate on, and also the crank pulley does not foul the cross member....

Engine looks good in situe, the crackle red goes well with the westfield racing green (being a bit of a tart here)

Building a westfield V8

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Is there not enough room in there for a short oil filter?

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

DEVONMAN
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by DEVONMAN »

Is the steering rack going to be a problem?
1950 A40 Devon Hotrod with 5.0 twin turbo RV8.
EDIS8 wasted spark, Holley Injection.
Been as far as the Moon and back in 57 years of driving. Same Car, 5 engine upgrades !!!

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jenko »

I think not quite enough room for a short filter....Could be wrong of course....But to be honest I bought a remote take off some time ago.

Steering rack is already in...Its back from the pic ....will post another pic to show.
Building a westfield V8

Return to “Engines Area”