Engine identification..driving me mad

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Prophead
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Engine identification..driving me mad

Post by Prophead »

I know this question has been asked many times, and I know there are numerous lists out there (I have read many of them) but I still cant identify excatly what my engine is or where it came from because it doesn't match up with any of the lists. The original builder of the car claims that it is an 3.5 RV8 from a TVR 350i (Wedge) but the code doesn't match. As for the heads, no idea. Anyway, here are the codes, perhaps one of you gurus out there might recognise them:-
Block 11A55152 CR 9.75:1
Heads (as best I can make out) ST3150 which is stamped in the front lower edge of the right hand head (no casting number), I cant see the front of the other head as the Alternator and bracket are in the way.

Any help appreciated. Identifying the origins of the engine will help me work out the kind of performance I should expect from it once I get tuning dialed in.

Porsche 924 GTv8 Track-day car project
Porsche 944 2.5 Lux gone but not forgotten

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

I think you'll find 11A is SD1 auto, and that CR was on the Vitesse engines.

Prophead
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Prophead »

harvey wrote:I think you'll find 11A is SD1 auto, and that CR was on the Vitesse engines.
The Vitesse engine number would be 31A......according to 'the lists' as an auto with 9.75:1 CR

this is why its confusing
Porsche 924 GTv8 Track-day car project
Porsche 944 2.5 Lux gone but not forgotten

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

Hmmmm.... :?

Return to “Engines Area”