Crank Pulley - What do I have?.

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Crank Pulley - What do I have?.

Post by jenko »

The saga continues, and buying a box of bits is really starting to prove a pain in the butt........Every components seems to be non compatible.

Latest saga is the crank pulley I found in the bottom of one of the boxes. As I'm going fuel injection, I need a trigger wheel, trigger wheels .com do one for the 4 hole pulley, and one for the 6 hole. Well, my crank pulley has 6 holes, but the trigger wheel is not even close to fitting. A quick google and I can't find any pictures of a crank pulley that looks like mine!.

So, does anyone know what I have!....Pics below:

Building a westfield V8

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

There might be some parts missing from that..

But take a look at these photos showing how i fitted a thin ford 36-1 wheel to one the same or similar:
http://www.mez.co.uk/ms11-new.html
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

Looks to me like a GEMS crank pulley that some one has drilled 6 holes in and tried to machine.

This might help:
http://www.v8forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... c&start=15

tom.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

A pulley from a GEMS or Thor engine (i.e. P38 Range Rover or Disco II)

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

garrycol
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by garrycol »

Looks the same as the 4.0 crank pulley that I have. I used this trigger wheel from Megasquirt for V8s http://www.megasquirt-v8.co.uk/ms_thor.php but it does require a little bit of machining on the back side to provide a flat face for the wheel to bolt up (only needs two bolts).

As mentioned the pulley you have looks like it has had an extra 6 holes drilled in it. The MS for V8 trigger wheel bolts to the inner two holes.

Garry

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jenko »

OK, many thanks Gents........I think it's confirmed as the P38. It was the holes that threw me, but as you mention, it looks like it's been drilled previously for a trigger wheel. Good news is of course is that at least I can still use it :-)
Building a westfield V8

jenko
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by jenko »

OK, many thanks Gents........I think it's confirmed as the P38. It was the holes that threw me, but as you mention, it looks like it's been drilled previously for a trigger wheel. Good news is of course is that at least I can still use it :-)
Building a westfield V8

Return to “Engines Area”