Rover v8 Camshafts again

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

mines my every day car for work in the summer, so needs to be a bit user friendly, you try driving through newbury at rush hour :(

Now im will wait for the cam verdict as im not that well clued up on cams i must admit :(

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

el chapo

Post by el chapo »

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone would be to point me in the direction of a good high torque camshaft. The engine will be a 4.6 running on a hotwire EFI probably with a re-chip. This will be going into a series 3 lightweight land rover. Whilst torque is important I don’t want to limit the higher end power too much. Am I correct in thinking that in order to keep low end torque I should leave the heads standard? Does anyone have any experience of the Mark Adams chip? What sort of torque and Bhp would this setup be producing? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks James.

badger
Getting There
Getting There

Post by badger »

I have a 4.6 re-linered and bored to 4.7, hotwire efi system grafted into a disco series 2 (Thor) inlet manifold, mark adams "tornado" re-chip and a Lund LE1 camshaft. Stage 2 fully gas-flowed heads, extractor exhaust manifolds and a free-flow exhaust system. Allegedly, it's around 255bhp and 290lbft but it's never been dyno'd to prove it. In all honesty, I find the breathing to be a bit restricted above 4000rpm and I'm thinking of a change to a Viper Hurricane camshaft......
Badger.
"Real sport has 8 spark plugs"
www.roverv8engines.co.uk

el chapo

Post by el chapo »

thanks for the info, that sounds like a lot of torque, might make my landy move abit quicker :)

diamond

Post by diamond »

can anybody help with this number I have checked the lists and cannot find it listed. It is in a 90 that I have just bought 26G00009 CR 8.13.1

thanks in advance

Paul

daz 104

Post by daz 104 »

can some one help with cam for v8 please dont no if to go for typhoon , crower 232 or steath ? has any one got spec on stealth

:( who sells the stealth ?

Muscle-Manta
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Muscle-Manta »

Daz, V8 Developments sells the Stealth cam. http://www.v8developments.co.uk/

texpis
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

4.2 cam

Post by texpis »

Hi all guess this is the place to put a cam querie. I am building up a 4.2 for my 1988 land rover 90 it has. 3.5 at the moment which is a tad underpowered ( looses power uphill in fifth ). The engine I am building is completely standard and will run on SUs, the reason is I run on LPG most of the time so seems logical to keep it as is.
My question is I have a brand new 4.2 cam on the shelf, I would like as much power as possible with the above set up should I use the cam I have or would an aftermarket one be better. I am on a tight budget so anyone have any bits sat idle let me know?

Mick

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Have you removed the restrictors in the inlet manifold behind the SU's?
I am not sure you would have them fitted, but they were fitted to some 90 V8's to keep the power down. Worth checking.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

texpis
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by texpis »

No the restrictions were on the series 3 stage one V8
Mick

Return to “Engines Area”