new member, 1st post, new project...

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ozzy_Uk

Post by Ozzy_Uk »

Cool, looks like a fantastic little car :)

great project!

4.0l supercharged Jaguar Lotus Excel V8... (in progress) 550bhp/tonne - target.

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

Just looking into the Jag V8 and looks an ace engine.

http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/Jaguar-AJ-V8

To double check though: the engine you have is a NA V8? and you want to fit the supercharger to it?
Well the NA 4.0V8 has a compression ratio of 10.75:1 and the supercharged 4.0V8 has a cr of 8.9:1!

You won't be able to run the same or more boost (which you would be doing with the pulley swap) than the standard supercharged V8. You will need to factor in maybe piston/rod changes? I don't know how jag lower the cr?

Tom.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

Just looking into the Jag V8 and looks an ace engine.

To double check though: the engine you have is a NA V8? and you want to fit the supercharger to it?
Well the NA 4.0V8 has a compression ratio of 10.75:1 and the supercharged 4.0V8 has a cr of 8.9:1!

You won't be able to run the same or more boost (which you would be doing with the pulley swap) than the standard supercharged V8. You will need to factor in maybe piston/rod changes? I don't know how jag lower the cr?

Tom.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

Ozzy_Uk

Post by Ozzy_Uk »

SuperV8 wrote:Just looking into the Jag V8 and looks an ace engine.

Tom.
no, plan is to run less boost...

the S-Type R actually used 9.1:1 compression ratio rather than 8.9:1 :)

should still be fun though... i like the idea of a V8 that revs to 7200-7500rpm ;)

to be honest i will probably start with it N/A get it running, then add the supercharger later...

Ozzy_Uk

Post by Ozzy_Uk »

Hey Guys, sorry for the lack of posting...

so for those that dont know im a lotus obsessive...
but also a lover of all british marques... so when i realised i could shoe-horn an Jaguar XKR V8 into my Lotus Excel i started buying up parts for the conversion left right and centre...

this ended with me having a complete supercharger kit, a 4.0 jag V8 lump, and a partly stripped Excel...

then things went tits up with the house build i was doing and i ended up spending 2 years fixing builders mistakes and cockups and over £40k out of pocket...

so i am slowly getting back on my feet and working out the ExcelR8 project again now, so thought if your like me and love british cars this project might interest you...

here is the plan:

please feel free to discuss...
Hope you have all been well...
Oz

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Cool - best you get on with it so we can drool at the pictures!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Green Elite

Re: new member, 1st post, new project...

Post by Green Elite »

Hi everyone. My 1st post on V8 🙂
I'm considering a similar Lotus Elite conversion with Jag 4.2 V8 and am wondering if there was any further updates on this project???

Return to “Engines Area”