PowerLite Starter.

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: PowerLite Starter.

Post by DaveEFI »

https://www.ccw-tools.com

who are WOSP stockists very kindly supplied me with a pinion fitting kit, which included the missing washer, FOC. Quite a contrast to PowerLite who would only supply a new motor complete. CCW appear to stock all the spares for the motor you might need. So it is now fixed. :D

Here's a pic of the new washer on the shaft to show scale:-

And a pic of the old pinion and the new fitting kit which shows the splined washer.

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

Thank you for posting,
I’m glad you got it fixed

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Update is a neighbour fitted the new WOSP stater for me today. It differs from the PowerLite in having an 11 tooth pinion rather than 9, and the drive offset for the larger pinion. Not sure I can notice any difference in operation, though. It should, like for like, spin the engine faster?

The old Powerlite had the same fault as the previous one - that broken washer. No idea why it should fail. And I'd guess it is a Denso part rather than of the conversion.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

2 more teeth will spin it a bit faster, but I doubt you'd notice it sitting in the seat.
Cheers,
John

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

unstable load wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:52 am
2 more teeth will spin it a bit faster, but I doubt you'd notice it sitting in the seat.
I'd agree under light load - like a hot engine - but with cold oil, would depend on how much the motor has in reserve? Make a good pub quiz question. :D
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

DaveEFI wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:37 am
I'd agree under light load - like a hot engine - but with cold oil, would depend on how much the motor has in reserve? Make a good pub quiz question. :D
Mathematically, it's an absolute. More teeth = faster, but you are right that a marginal battery and/or a tired motor would struggle because the higher ratio also means less torque is available at the flywheel.
Cheers,
John

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”