coil pack location

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Andrewrv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

coil pack location

Post by Andrewrv8 »

If I could please pick someones brains (that sounds bad sorry) , I'm looking for a suitable location under the bonnet of my tr7 v8 to mount a pair of gen 2 coil packs. In front and behind of plenum too busy, there's bags of space on the passenger side inner wing area, just below the wiper motor, but is kind of above the exhaust header (not that close though). My question is would heat from the exhaust cause problems here? Could I make a heat shield if this is the case?

Triumph TR7 V8 3.9efi

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: coil pack location

Post by DaveEFI »

On the SD1, the original coil location is on the inner wing towards the rear and not that far from the exaust manifold. I'd expect passive coils not be be too worried by heat.

Again on my SD1, I mounted the EDIS coils above the alternator. But the position of this does tend to vary by application.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Andrewrv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: coil pack location

Post by Andrewrv8 »

DaveEFI wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:35 pm
On the SD1, the original coil location is on the inner wing towards the rear and not that far from the exaust manifold. I'd expect passive coils not be be too worried by heat.

Again on my SD1, I mounted the EDIS coils above the alternator. But the position of this does tend to vary by application.
Thanks Dave - I was hoping for that answer! This will be easy to mount then :)
Triumph TR7 V8 3.9efi

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”