Speed Transducer

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ZIKY

Speed Transducer

Post by ZIKY »

HELLO
I HAVE A LIGHTWEIGHT AND I CONVERT THE ENGINE TO 3.9 LITER FROME DISCOVERY 1 1977 AND WANT TO USE THE FUEL INJECTOR SUSTEM BUT I NEED THE Speed Transducer for the ecm vss CAN I USE THE Speed Transducer - AMR3386P - Aftermarket FROM RIMMERBROS sales@rimmerbros.com ‏<sales@rimmerbros.com>;
OR ANY advice...

thank you
ziky

GDCobra
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Re: Speed Transducer

Post by GDCobra »

ZIKY wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:05 pm
HELLO
I HAVE A LIGHTWEIGHT AND I CONVERT THE ENGINE TO 3.9 LITER FROME DISCOVERY 1 1977 AND WANT TO USE THE FUEL INJECTOR SUSTEM BUT I NEED THE Speed Transducer for the ecm vss CAN I USE THE Speed Transducer - AMR3386P - Aftermarket FROM RIMMERBROS sales@rimmerbros.com ‏<sales@rimmerbros.com>;
OR ANY advice...

thank you
ziky
I used a device which I spliced into the speedo cable and gives a speed proportional pulse train. I don't think it's too important, mine is not the same as Rover's.

It's used with some ECU EEPROMS to give a maximum speed limit, best to get rid of that using another chip.

It's also used to give the increased engine idle when moving. Obviously if the pulse sequence is way too high or low it will affect the speed at which the moving idle is engaged.

I believe TVR used a device which turned on a standard (non speed proporational) pulse train when the car is moving and cuts off when stopped. Unusually for TVR they don't seem to be very reliable.

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”