Alarm/immobiliser.

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alarm/immobiliser.

Post by DaveEFI »

At the moment I have a Viper unit on my SD1, which is parked in the street.
It does just what I want - remote for the central locking and turns the interior lights on, etc. And immobilises both fuel pump and starter. I installed it myself.
The downside is it's very fiddly to programme. Likely because of where I've fitted it. And the remote has become unreliable, and the case broken.

I wondered if there was a newer design which I could programme from my laptop? it would also be nice to have the option to have it open and close the windows or whatever, so a few extra ports would be nice too - just in case.

I've looked on Ebay, but can only find pretty basic units.

The other possibility might be one based on an Ardino etc. I like building stuff if anyone has come across an article on doing just this.

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

There will be a couple of the clifford systems that will do what you want along with other top end manufacturers but they aren't cheap. Arduino is always possible but you know that already. Can't think of anything specific but its pretty digital with make/break contacts. Working out where the windows are could be interesting or you could just cheat and time from fully down to fully up and energise for a bit over. Shouldn't be to big a job with your abilities.

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”