Dissy for 4.6 Rover

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Robrover
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Robrover »

I’m now running the Aussie built custom advance Bosch based HEI Scorcher distributor made by Performance Ignitions in Melbourne in my 4.6. Uses a Ford Falcon body and all Bosch internals, module, cap and cap, all easily obtainable and very cheap here. I’ve got one in my Disco too. Fit and forget,

http://www.performanceignition.com.au/

The company has been around for decades, has a very good reputation and has done lots of these. I also run one in my V8 Disco. You can either specify the advance curve, or they can do a recommended one for you.
The dizzy sits slightly higher when fitted which allows easier access to the retaining bolt.
Definitely worth the money.

Devonrod
Getting There
Getting There

Re: Dissy for 4.6 Rover

Post by Devonrod »

Hi guys not been on here for a long while, thought I would finish this in case it helps any one, I found a standard RV8 dissy with 9 on the shaft instead of my old one that had 13 on it, put on a thick spring from a Ford crossflow motorcraft dissy and the old thin one from my 13 dissy, this gives the correct total advance, I dont know what I am doing so dont ask questions :D , Devonman on here gave me the 9 dissy and told me what to do, thanks Denis, any how it all works great !

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”