Rover V8 ECU

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Which ECU do you use on your Rover V8 ?

MEGASQUIRT
75%
CANEMS
No votes
OMEX
No votes
DTA
No votes
TORNADO
No votes
Others
25%

Total votes: 12

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Richard's experiences are one of the reasons I think you should either do the entire installation - including tuning from the base map - yourself, or leave the whole lot to an installer. Unless already very familiar with MS.

A novice starting out with a map said to be fine for a particular engine is only OK if it is - and very few actually are. And it can take more effort to find out exactly what is wrong with that map than simply starting from scratch.

By all means once you've got your engine running, compare another's tune to yours.

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Baracus
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Baracus »

FWIW i didn't have any problems with megasquirt, and i built the ECU, constructed the loom from scratch and tuned it from a blank map. The only thing that gave me any trouble was the crappy Intake Air Temp corrections in the earlier firmware (but that has been fixed in the latest version)

I actually find Tunerstudio pretty damn good, and i've used Emerald, earlier versions of MoTec and DTA.

As has been said if you're gonna do it yourself, there's a hell of a learning curve with ANY of the aftermarket ECU systems, non are really plug and play. And if you pay someone else to do it it can end up costing a hell of a lot, i know people who've stumped up in excess of £3k!! My megasquirt MS2 install cost £600 including two dyno sessions so i could do the cherry on the cake fine tuning.

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”