Stepper Motor LMA 4way Quad Connector

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Stepper Motor LMA 4way Quad Connector

Post by v8250 »

Gents, I'm needing to buy the 4way Quad Connector for a TVR Chimaera/RV8 engine; these are the Delphi type connectors with the light green weather seals.

The Q? is, do I need the LMA868 8Amp or LMA869 20Amp connector?

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Just a guess - but they wouldn't need to be 20 amp ones. Have you got the dimensions? The 20amp type will be bigger. I have got a hotwire stepper motor and plug here and could measure the connector pin size if it helps.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

Hi Dave, that would be great if you could. I have my old one here, excluding the cover clip it measures 37.5mm [l] x 19mm [w @ body's widest point].

Thank you, Andrew

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Ah. Think the one for the hotwire may be different. Mine came from a hotwire loom complete with the cables, so I didn't have to fit new terminals.

The main body is 17mm sq, and the overall length 40.4mm

The actual contact 'square' is 14mm to the outside of the plastic sleeves.

The connector body has PEO 30 printed on it.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

David, are your eyes a bit skewed? It should read P.E.D. with the #34 above left to the P.E.D. Your dimensions are similar, mine too came from an original loom but the tag clip has broken...hence a new one's req'd. The TVR guys on PH believe it's only 8A...which makes sense as I can't believe a stepper motor would draw up to 20A.

Suppliers found include ExtraEFi, DemonTweeks, Burton Power and Rally Design

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

v8250 wrote:David, are your eyes a bit skewed? It should read P.E.D. with the #34 above left to the P.E.D.
That's a way of putting it. :D

You're partially correct. Mine reads P E O or D - difficult to be certain. But definitely 30 beneath it. But that might just be a batch number.

Your dimensions are similar, mine too came from an original loom but the tag clip has broken...hence a new one's req'd. The TVR guys on PH believe it's only 8A...which makes sense as I can't believe a stepper motor would draw up to 20A.

Suppliers found include ExtraEFi, DemonTweeks, Burton Power and Rally Design
The MS chip which drives it can't deliver 20 amps either.

The only new one I came across (Extra EFI) came with a pigtail - not what I'd want, since I don't like to join cables unless essential. And like to choose my own cable colours too.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

DaveEFI wrote: The MS chip which drives it can't deliver 20 amps either.

The only new one I came across (Extra EFI) came with a pigtail - not what I'd want, since I don't like to join cables unless essential. And like to choose my own cable colours too.
Not too keen on pigtails either as they add one too many connections, though I suppose Extra EFI are being good boys in supplying an easy install. Have ordered from Rally Design for the princely sum of £7.05+VAT including all the terminals and rubber wire plugs.

All, FYI here's the link to Rally Design connectors...

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_in ... ts_id=2499

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”