Unilite or Powerspark?

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

stroprock

Unilite or Powerspark?

Post by stroprock »

Has anyone had first hand experience with one of these? They look like good value, if a little too cheap???

I am pretty sure the Powerspark electric pickup I already have, which I bought from them last Autumn, has failed. Would rather replace with something better instead of just the same again, but am unsure whether to go for the former kit or instead choose the more tried-and-tested Mallory 4764301 Unilite.
Are the Powerspark dizzys cheap and nasty, are Mallory overpriced??
Just seeking your opinions and experiences on either of these units....

Pocket rocket
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Pocket rocket »

I can't help you but would be interested to see what advice comes.

Also (at the risk of hijacking your thread) what do people think of the Accuspark offering? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181051826752? ... EBIDX%3AIT

stroprock

Post by stroprock »

Pocket rocket wrote:I can't help you but would be interested to see what advice comes.

Also (at the risk of hijacking your thread) what do people think of the Accuspark offering? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181051826752? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Accuspark one looks like the same thing I think, except you are linked to the post 1976 one, not the early type which I am after. Bet its even made in the same factory

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

No personal experience, but plenty of bad reports around on these cheap Lucas copies. Seems if you look inside the dizzy, it's pretty obvious the quality is poor. Still, if they really do give a three year warranty, might be worth a punt.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”