Rover 5 speed speedo drives (LT77 etc)

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

conrod
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by conrod »

Actually I take back what I said, I have just double checked, and you are correct! The LT77S driven gear I have is a 21 tooth with straight cut teeth. the gear in my R5-150 is a 23 tooth black, with helical cut gears (and bigger diameter)
I need a 22 tooth gear, presumably for an LT77. Anyone know what the correct part number is for this?

Conrad

bodger
Guru
Guru

Post by bodger »

I had loads a while ago Conrad , all i have left are BLACK = 23 & ORANGE =20 ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121006073104? ... 1555.l2649 :)
remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

conrod
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by conrod »

HOLEE, thats quite a collection!
Slightly OT, but would you know if the ZF4HP22 trans used the same speedo drive as the 5 speed?
I just bought a BRAND NEW auto trans for the princely sum of $90 (thats £45!) but it is missing the drive.

bodger
Guru
Guru

Post by bodger »

if you want a BLACK one let me know ..its 23 teeth ..that wont make a lot of differance 1 tooth ... ??

They are differant Conrad on the Auto box , I think Chris posted a picture on here somewhere of the AUTO one ??

:)
remember it's only a bodge if it DOSN'T worK

conrod
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by conrod »

I have the black one at the moment, but thanks anyway. Just drove the van for about 200kms today, first trip since changing the diff ratio. Speedo reads perfect, but odometer is about 5% under reading. I think I will just live with that. I seem to remember something Chris posted about the auto one, being hard to get etc.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Just to remind people - Jaycar do a speedo corrector. Only for electronic types. Takes in the pulses from the sensor and multiplies or divides them to your requirements, and sends them to the head. Costs about £20 as a kit, and easy to make as these things go.

Great if you change the axle ratio, etc, or can't get the correct gearbox sensor, or want to use a non standard head.

If anyone fancies one but can't build electronics, get in touch - I usually have one 'in stock'. Costs £50 in a nice enclosure.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Ianrhall

Lt77 speedo

Post by Ianrhall »

Can I use a regular cable to drive a mechanical speedo from my vitesse box?
Thanks
Ian

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”