Lt77 remote gear lever

General Chat About Drivetrain & Transmission.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

texpis
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Lt77 remote gear lever

Post by texpis »

Hi I have a MGB with a 3.5 and a lt77 gearbox. The rubber bushes perished after 20 years. I’ve managed to change them with the box in situ (with great difficulty) any way all back together but I can’t select gears the gear lever will only go front to back. I’ve looked around the net but can’t find how the remote rod fastens to the remote rod, it looks like it’s bolted together. I’m just wondering if the remote gearstick rod has come come of the gearbox ball linkage is this possible?

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lt77 remote gear lever

Post by richardpope50 »

Are you sure you have not dropped something inside by the gear lever? I had the same problem on a T5 until I noticed the very simple problem stopping the gear lever moving side to side.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

Have you re-adjusted the springs for left/right alignment?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

richyb66

Post by richyb66 »

The remote rod is bolted on. There's a pin with a slotted head that passes up through the ball end on the remote rod on the box and goes through the selector rod on the box. It's retained with a nut on the top which is accessed through the round hole cast in the remote housing.

You shouldn't need to but I don't recommend prising the ends of the bias spring sideways off the lever as it risks distorting or snapping the spring. Much better to remove the rear saddle clamp if you can get to it.

Here's some pictures of the attachment

Return to “Drivetrain & Transmission Area”